'69 Camaro Price Advice

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 07:54 AM
Default '69 Camaro Price Advice

I'm looking to purchase a 1969 Camaro and I found one for sale. I was wondering if you could give me an estimated price on what you think it's worth from the given information:

-All body panels have been replaced, body is straight
-350 cu. bored .040 over, .100 domed pistons, roller rockers
-Edelbrock performer rpm cam, carb (750 cfm) and intake
-Cast heads 2.02 x 1.60 heads. Less then 3000 miles on complete engine rebuild
-TH350 trans with shift kit, 2800rpm stall converter
-16 gal. fuel cell trunk mounted with sending unit
-Sub frame connectors 12 bolt SPOOLED rear end with 4.56 gears, 33 spline moser axles
-Power disc brake conversion on the front and large drums on rear
-Griffin aluminum radiator and electric fan set up
-Non numbers matching

The interior is original and warn and will have to be replaced. Has been kept in a tent and covered so the paint is still very nice. Its been in New England for the past 15 years so the underciarrage has seen some wear. It's not a show queen. I'm looking to use this as a street car. Any information will help. What price range should I be searching in for a nice body, working and running Camaro, doesnt have to be a show car but rust free (I know there are too many variables to adjust price on, but I thought I'd just ask)? Thanks and any information or advice will greatly help.

Old 10-05-2010, 08:50 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

In today's market, in prime shape that car should be worth between $20-22k. So take off for the devalue of the car for needing a new interior, minus anything else that makes the condition of it less than desirable. Was the car a base car, or did it used to be a Z/28, SS, RS, etc? That reflects on the price too. "Undercarriage has seen some wear" does that mean just on the surface which can be cleaned up, or is there rust-through? If the body is very solid, good paint, with needing only an interior and a few other minor things, I'd put it in the no more than $15k range (less would be better for you). Keep in mind, that cars that may look "great" on the outside can have some surprises hiding under the paint.

Old 10-05-2010, 10:29 AM
1st Gear Member

In this market 9-12K...sounds crazy, but take a look at the major markets like Seattle, Dallas, etc., the slow economy has prices on non-matching (needs some work) plain janes on the downward spiral.

Old 10-05-2010, 11:56 AM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

A seller needs to find someone who appreciates the value of what's been put into a car like that. The mechanicals that's been done to the car (engine, trans, rearend) would run someone between $6-7k alone. Then add the value of the rest of the car to that.

Old 10-05-2010, 05:26 PM

$11k or so ....

Old 10-05-2010, 06:18 PM
1st Gear Member

I know the car your talking about. It's in Attleboro, MA. It does need work. It's a plain Jane Camaro that was raced. I wouldn't pay for than 14k for it.

Old 10-05-2010, 06:19 PM
June 2011 ROTM
2011 RIDE OF THE YEAR
ROTM Winner's Club

A spool is not really a street rear end though.

Old 10-05-2010, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by JG69
I know the car your talking about. It's in Attleboro, MA. It does need work. It's a plain Jane Camaro that was raced. I wouldn't pay for than 14k for it.
Did you take a look at in person? What kind of quality is the body, engine and undercarraige in? Any rust? What needs work?

Old 10-05-2010, 08:13 PM
1st Gear Member

Sounds like a drag car to me too. Might be a glass front end. My range would be 12k assuming it is metal and not patched panels. It is a great time to buy a car right now. Take this advise; buy as much car as you can possibly afford, now. Any dollar you put into a restoration on your own will pay back 50 cents upon the sale of the car. Take advantage of that fact by buying one that is already done.

Old 10-06-2010, 09:29 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Emgarbs
Did you take a look at in person? What kind of quality is the body, engine and undercarraige in? Any rust? What needs work?
It does have rust. The body is just so,so...the undercarriage has rust. It definetly needs work. The rear end is not user friendly...you won't be able to turn while driving on the street. It's made to go straight and thats it. It's not worth the money he's asking.

Quick Reply: '69 Camaro Price Advice