power loss, stuttering and "peng peng" sound

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2017, 01:21 PM
Default power loss, stuttering and "peng peng" sound

Dear Camaro forum members,
First: a short introduction.
My Name is John, I am from the Netherlands (but live in Belgium). So, if my Englisch is not perfect........thats is why ;-)

My problem, and I will try to be as specific as possible;
In august I bought a new 2017 Camaro 2.0 Turbo (6th gen.). After a few weeks the engine started to stutter and did not accelerate. It also made a "peng peng" sound during acceleration.

When does it occur?:
When i leave to work in the morning there is nothing wrong. (My camaro is parked in a garage). I drive to my work (18 kilometers) and park my car at work. When i leave home, i drive from the parking area to the street. This takes more or less, 30 seconds. Then, when I am on the road and start accelerating, the engine stutters, will not accelerate and makes a "peng, peng" sound. After 3 or 4 seconds everything is mormal and the problem is gone and does not occur again. It does not matter if it is raining or the sun is shining, if it is cold or warm, after my Camaro has been parked for a few hours, the problem is back again. It happens at least 4 of the 7 days

The dealer where i bought my Camaro, updated the software, replaced the spark plugs and they replaced the bobbine (distributor coil) but the problem is still there. In 3 months my Camaro has been 4 weeks in the garage but they do not know where to look or start. It is an official Chevrolet Camaro dealer and they say they looked in the database of Chevrolet but my problem is unknown. I am concerned that my engine will be damaged so I hope someone can help me with this problem.

My Camaro is fully stock, no modifications.

The Chevrolet dealer delivered the Camaro with Euro 95 fuel after that i filled up my Camaro with (the higher quality) Euro 98 but in the mean time i tried 3 different gas stations and filled it with Euro 95 and Euro 98 but it does not make a difference so I do not think the problem is the fuel

The control light of the engine / engine warning light never illuminated. According to my Camaro dealer it is because the malfunction is too short to register. (The problem only occurs for 3 or 4 seconds and to register it has to be about 10 seconds).

I made sound recordings (mp3) but i think i can not upload them, can I?

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards. John

Last edited by John J; 12-21-2017 at 03:24 PM. Reason: adding sound fragment