2010+ V8 Tech For you LS3 and LSA guys to discuss modifications.

Camshaft, headers, cai, cat back.

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 12:55 AM
Default Camshaft, headers, cai, cat back.

with these few mods, what HP gains should I expect? I want the sound of a cammed camaro for my 2ss... But don't know what ratio/type of camshaft to go for.
I live in New York.
I need a place that can do all of this, hopefully a shop within a 4-6 hour drive of New York City

PS... HOW MUCH WOULD ALL THOSE MODS COST? (realistically with the price!)

Thanks, all.

Old 11-22-2010, 06:14 AM
H2C
2nd Gear member

Well technically all camaros are cammed lol. But you just need to research and find parts that will work together

Old 11-23-2010, 09:08 PM

yeah, but you are missing the point. "Technically", all camaros are cammed with their STOCK cam shafts. I want an aftermarket billion camshaft, with different lift ratios than stock, which should make about 40-60 hp.

Old 11-29-2010, 05:15 AM

I did some research, and it appears like all these mods will make about 100 horsepower to the wheels. So, guess i'm at around 350 hp now ( i have L99), which would make around 450 with it tuned. Does anybody know how much these mods will cost? Around 3500 dollars total, installed? I'm thinking Redline autosports in upstate NY. Anybody with any input or feedback is appreciated. thanks!

Old 11-29-2010, 08:55 AM
H2C
2nd Gear member

Just throwing this out there, But i personally would go comp cams if you build american. My 0.02 cents

Old 12-11-2010, 10:40 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Call livernois or check out their web page....very nice (affordable) packages for the L99 or LS3. They will direct you to a local installer / dealer.

Old 12-13-2010, 05:20 AM

Livernois has some sweet packages, yes, but I dont think installation is available outside their own place/shop/store. I'm in NY. "Packages are only installable by a few shops here in New York. Redline is one of them, I am considering them. I could get the parts, and then go to a shop like this one, or one that hopefully has great experience working with 5th gen. camaros, and just pay for installation. I'm expecting to pay about 2500-3500 dollars for the cai, headers, and cam, not including installation and dynotune

Old 12-13-2010, 10:49 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by ShadowCat
Livernois has some sweet packages, yes, but I dont think installation is available outside their own place/shop/store. I'm in NY. "Packages are only installable by a few shops here in New York. Redline is one of them, I am considering them. I could get the parts, and then go to a shop like this one, or one that hopefully has great experience working with 5th gen. camaros, and just pay for installation. I'm expecting to pay about 2500-3500 dollars for the cai, headers, and cam, not including installation and dynotune
A lesson I learned in the past....stop by the install shop and let them know what your thinking.....they have extreme intimate knowledge of what you want to do and often guide the customer down a better path. good luck.

Old 12-15-2010, 11:25 PM

anyone have a prediction for total horsepower? assume its about 340 at the wheels right now, after Headers, CAI, exhaust, tune... figure, around 400? with the camshaft, maybe 420?

Old 12-15-2010, 11:30 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

theres no real way to get an estimate without know what cam the exhaust and cai isnt going to do much the tune will help out some but more in the mpg department

Quick Reply: Camshaft, headers, cai, cat back.