2010+ V8 Tech For you LS3 and LSA guys to discuss modifications.

2010 2SS RS manual on it's way!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 12:30 PM
1st Gear Member

yeah i will take lots of pictures for sure!!! especially considering that the weekend i go to pick it up and spend enjoying my car is going to be the only time for about 4 months =/

so the hundreds of pictures i take are going to get me through those 4 months lol

but furthermore...my dealer called this morning and said it should be there in a week (the 20th) so it will be VERY soon!

Old 08-13-2009, 09:37 PM
VIP member

whoooooooooooot hoooooooooooot

Old 08-14-2009, 08:26 AM
In the Staging Lanes

congrats! Mine should be at the dealer this afternoon, but fridays are my salesmans day off. . .so im hoping and praying i can take it home tomorrow!! not sure if i told you, but I ended up buying the CGM stripe kit. . .ill post pics of it without the stripes and with, since i wont get them installed until next week sometime

Old 08-15-2009, 11:08 AM
1st Gear Member

wow!!! it's amazing that this day has actually come! congrats!

remember at the beginning of the summer when we thought it would never come? hahaha patience definitely pays off

you have to post pictures as soon as possible! i'll be off to puerto vallarta this afternoon to hang out on the beach for a few days so i won't be back on here till monday night or tuesday so i hope to see some pictures by then! i'll toast to our camaros while i'm sitting at the beach this weekend

Old 08-16-2009, 09:28 AM
In the Staging Lanes

well apparently our maintenance guys dont work on saturdays so they dont take deliverys, so im crossing my fingers for the call tomorrow that my car has arrived at the dealership, i have a days worth of leave ive saved for this day so i can spend it signing the papers and driving around town. . .i will post pics ASAP when it is in my arms

Old 08-16-2009, 09:53 AM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Congrats, just a heads up. All new cars must be inspected and driven by a GM tech before a non-dealer employee can drive it. Its called a new car service. Its the last QA check to make sure stuff is together right and nothing happen in transport. We rarely find anything wrong. But Monday mornings are normally hopping cause everyone that had trouble over the weekends is waiting at the door. Some of the larger dealerships have techs that do nothing but new car services but many do not. In a perfect world it coud take 2 hours to do the New car service and dealer prep (cleanup).

You will need a little patiency. The dealership wants to give you a safe, clean new cars.

Last edited by Gorn; 08-16-2009 at 10:00 AM.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:10 PM
1st Gear Member

so i got a little bit of bad news today...

well not about the car - the car should be in gallup no later than tomorrow (supposedly). but that won't matter too much anymore because i can't come back to the U.S. to pick her up for another 2 weeks because i had to register my student visa here with the federal government in Mexico and i just got the paperwork in today in order to do that and in order to get it registered they have to physically keep it which means i can't leave/return until i have it - which won't be until the 31st of august =/

so tentatively it looks like i will be returning labor day weekend which is 2 weeks away to pick up the car...

but some good news that is pulling me through is that once it does come in i told my dad and best friend to go down to the dealership with a digital camara and take a lot of pictures and, yes, drive it a little under the condition that they take a video from the inside of them driving it so i can hear it and see it a little and then some video of them walking around it and revving it so i can enjoy it as best i can from afar.

even though everyone says the camaro is a little too quiet upon revving at least i can hear something to get me through

i'm trying to keep calm and make the best out of....at least i'll be able to post pics and video for everyone to enjoy my car a little bit!

Old 08-21-2009, 07:31 AM
In the Staging Lanes

good luck! I hope you get to enjoy it soon!!

Old 08-21-2009, 06:45 PM
1st Gear Member

she came in today!!!!

my dad and best friend went to pick her up and take pictures and video and they said it is a BEEAAAASSTTTT!!!! hahaha i'm so excited now!

pictures will be up tonight and if there's a way to put up video on here too i will!

thank you all for your support and i'll let everyone know when i get back to the states in 2 weeks and get to enjoy her personally!

Old 08-21-2009, 09:57 PM
Ninja Administrator

cant wait to see it

Quick Reply: 2010 2SS RS manual on it's way!!!