2010+ V6 Tech discuss modifications to the all new 3.6L v6 here.

MTI Racing Press Release V6 Shifter is Here

Old 02-03-2010, 09:55 AM
Banned
Default MTI Racing Press Release V6 Shifter is Here

MTI Racing with UUC announce the new 2010 Camaro Six Shooter Shifter for V6 is here.
The stock Camaro shifter has many rubber components that numb the performance feel. MTI Racing teamed up with manufacturing giant UUC Motorwerks to engineer the Camaro shifter with the best materials, shorter throw, and a better overall feel. Now you can confidently go through the gears with confidence and precision. The throw is reduced by approximately 25% and a HUGE improvement in feel. It feels like 1000% improvement.
The stock OEM shifter is made using a 4-pc shaft that is bushed with rubber, a pressed-on ball joint, and a welded-on pivot that holds a shaft bearing attached to rubber linkage bushings. The new MTI Racing Six Shooter Shifter is made of high quality stainless steel with a 1-pc ball machined directly into the lower stick, and a roller bearing at the base shift rod link. The kit also replaces the stock rubber bushings with durable delrin composite bushings, increasing the overall strength and life of the shifter assembly. The shifter is designed to work with the factory centering springs on the shifter housing. The MTI Racing Six Shooter Shifter requires little to no extra effort when shifting, and instills confidence with its solid structural feel. Mission accomplished.
The MTI Racing Six Shooter shifter kit is not an entire shifter housing replacement. The kit includes all the components to convert the shifter assembly and its internal hardware with the highest quality components, while retaining the factory housing. Installation of the shifter requires the transmission to be lowered slightly to remove and install the shifter assembly. The new shifter is designed to use the stock shift **** or an aftermarket ****. The throw reduction is around 25%. We have tested over and over different throw reductions, and we felt that the final version provided the best overall confidence in shifting. Made in the USA.

Name:  v6shifter2.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  41.5 KB
V6 Camaro Shifters are here.

Name:  V6shiftPic1small.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  39.6 KB
This shifter fits the stock centering springs.

Last edited by MTI Racing; 02-10-2010 at 11:27 AM.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:34 AM
Banned
Default MTI Racing Free V6 Shifter Install

Check it out guys, we need a V6 Camaro to make famous. We need someone local or not so local who can leave their Car with us for a free install of the Six Shooter Shifter. We will be filming the install for our website and various forums for all the other Camaro owners to check out. Don't wait to be second, be the first V6 Camaro with the famous MTI Racing Six Shooter Shifter. Drop me a line and lets get you scheduled.

Note: The shifter is not free, the installation of the shifter is free a $225 value.

Last edited by MTI Racing; 02-05-2010 at 04:51 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:04 PM

Tis a shame you are not in houston. I'll be ordering one though. In the four months I've had my Camaro that's the biggest complaint I've had is the shift distance and feel.