2010+ General
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You should look REAL close

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 07:06 PM
Default You should look REAL close

Hello all been a Camaro Guy for years, my wife and i went to the Houston car show today MAN what a let down ,she has been saving for a New camaro for a long time we are near retirement age , anyway
well i dont know how to say this ,Loose,rattle,stampeded steel for lower a arms, small exhaust, they didn't even bring the Conv to the show they brought a yellow ss would not even let you near it !!! and a v6 silver one
you would thing they would bring the Best they have to the show What a let down the quality is gone nothing like they wanted us to believe it was ,
for some reason we walked over to the Dodge section Back and forth many times, the SRT is a Quality Veh.and look under it and you will see by the drive train Sorry Guys and Gals we have been die hard chevy fans for years our first real hot rod was a 68 RS we know our Camaros and this one , MAN Chevy what happened to the seat of the pants,build it the best ,quality let me say this, there was a LOT of chevy camaro lovers with the Old Camaro shirts on and the wives and kids with them and the Real hard core Chevy guy or Gal could tell Something was missing this is JUST our opinion Go to a show and look for yourself Good Luck
i have never seen my wife so dissapointed over a car THANKS CHEVY !!!!

Old 01-30-2009, 10:23 AM
1st Gear Member

Wow. I've seen the car up close, sat in one, been under the car, and the hood. I didn't get that the quality was gone. This is the first Camaro since it's birth that didn't use anything from previous generations. It's absolutely an amazing car, and I think once they're on the road, you'll see that GM got their **** together on this one.

Old 01-30-2009, 11:36 AM
4th Gear Member

Wouldnt be surprised if this is another troll

Old 01-30-2009, 12:27 PM
VIP member

dude can you be a little specific about what you think GM failed on? Because I can assure you that its not what you think.

I understand you think the v6 exhaust is smaller. I think its about 3'' and v8 is about 3.75''

V6

V8

I mean i understand they are a little small, but its fine actually. hey there is always aftermarket exhaust tip if you are really that woried

Last edited by camaro_burns_all; 01-30-2009 at 12:34 PM.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:34 PM
Ninja Administrator

all the new cars are basically made out of lego plastic anymore. its just a reality we have to deal with.
did you see the review of the new vette? the guy flexing the fender all over with a little push? doesnt change the fact that its engineering brilliance. all it means is that when some ******r hits your brand new car with his door it wont leave a crease.

Old 01-30-2009, 02:52 PM
4th Gear Member

Yeah, Its like some episodes of Top Gear where they rag on american cars. Then look at the one where they drove the ZR1 and CTS-V they loved it. Hell there was even an episode where they came to America bought three American cars for like a 1000 bucks and i think it was an old dodge pick up, a Cadillac and a 3rd gen camaro. During the show Jeremy Clarkson, someone who criticizes everything about a car, actually had somethings he liked about the cheap high mileage run down 3rd gen. By the end of the show they had to sell their cars but ended up giving them away to people struck by Katrina and he actually said some decent things about it to the people he was giving it to. I mean I can look at a car and say its a pos because it lacks certain attributes I would like but im sure once I get in the driver seat and actually drive it i could find a few things I like about it. It may not be my favorite car but you cant judge a book by its cover. Or in this case since its a concept you saw, judge a book by what the cover is roughly going to look like..

Old 02-03-2009, 11:58 PM
3rd Gear Member

From what I've seen from going to car shows and online, the 5th gen seems like a quality car. IMO the Challenger is a nice car, but its got nothing on the 5th gen. Like previously said, the Camaro is completely new, whereas the Challenger uses recycled generic Dodge parts, mainly in the interior department. If you aren't going to go for the Challenger all I can say is... at least its not a Mustang.

Old 02-04-2009, 03:31 PM
3rd Gear Member

I'll have to see it for myself before I make any judgements.

Old 02-05-2009, 01:12 AM
2nd Gear member

OP has to be a troll, or just an idiot. Its a quality car from what I could see when it came to the auto show here. And if stamped steal bothers you then dont look under ANY car made after ooohhh say mid to early 80s.

Old 02-09-2009, 04:58 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Originally Posted by SpecterGT260
all the new cars are basically made out of lego plastic anymore. its just a reality we have to deal with.
did you see the review of the new vette? the guy flexing the fender all over with a little push? doesnt change the fact that its engineering brilliance. all it means is that when some ******r hits your brand new car with his door it wont leave a crease.
That's pretty much true. But Vettes don't crease, they crack!

Quick Reply: You should look REAL close