2010+ General
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What the deal with the Bluetooth?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 10:37 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default What the deal with the Bluetooth?

I jsut bought a 2012 1LS, the base model with the basic stereo, I assumed when they said bluetooth standard that it would work with music on my iphone but so far I cant get it to work.

Is the bluetooth for phone use only? I have an older blue tooth adapter for an ipod, I wonder if it will work with that?

Is there a 3mm jack to plug in an ipod somewhere to the base stereo? Cant find one anywhere. there has to be atleast an input jack right?

thanks

Old 08-21-2012, 10:48 PM
In the Staging Lanes

alright, i just found the plug in the center consol, it looked like a dummy at first but it works. But is the bluetooth only for calls then?

Old 08-21-2012, 11:15 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

Iirc you can play music through the bluetooth.

Edit: Google "music through Bluetooth 2010 camaro" I'd post up a link for you but I'm on my fone and its a pita.

Last edited by BasicConcepts; 08-21-2012 at 11:19 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:05 AM

From what I've researched about it, you can only play music from a bluetooth compatible device if you have the PDIM module(USB port) installed and programmed. I have a 2012 Camaro 2LS and was wondering the same thing. After searching for awhile, you need that PDIM USB module(Personal Device Integration or something) for bluetooth music playing.

I could be wrong though....

Old 08-22-2012, 11:42 PM

Maybe you can try pairing your phone again, but see if you can set it up as a bluetooth music device, instead of a hands free calling one. If I get a chance, I'll try that and let you know what I find out. But I'm pretty sure you need that PDIM module...

Old 08-23-2012, 07:30 PM
In the Staging Lanes

yep, it seems that you need the USB option to have the functionality, which is fine since the mp3 jack works fine in most cases. however I see you can buy kits,

2010 2013 CAMARO PERSONAL DEVICE INTERFACE MODULE (PDIM) (IPOD ADAPTER) 22872777 | eBay

Old 08-24-2012, 09:08 AM
Official GM Representitive

Originally Posted by Rombama
I jsut bought a 2012 1LS, the base model with the basic stereo, I assumed when they said bluetooth standard that it would work with music on my iphone but so far I cant get it to work.

Is the bluetooth for phone use only? I have an older blue tooth adapter for an ipod, I wonder if it will work with that?

Is there a 3mm jack to plug in an ipod somewhere to the base stereo? Cant find one anywhere. there has to be atleast an input jack right?

thanks
On page 7-19 in your owner's manual it states:

Bluetooth Setup Menu
The Bluetooth Setup menu can be accessed with or without a device attached to the USB port. To select the Bluetooth Setup menu when a device is attached to the USB port and active:

1. Press the MENU/SELECT **** while in the iPod, Zune, PFD, or USB device main menu.

2. Select Bluetooth Music Setup.

To select the Bluetooth Music Setup menu when a device is not attached to the USB port, or when a device is attached to the USB port but not active:

1. Press the CD/AUX button until AUX is the active source.

2. Press the MENU/SELECT ****.

3. Select Bluetooth Music Setup.

To select the Bluetooth Music Setup menu when a Bluetooth device is connected and active:

1. Press the MENU/SELECT ****.

Please let us know if this was helpful!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service

Old 08-25-2012, 09:59 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
On page 7-19 in your owner's manual it states:

Bluetooth Setup Menu
The Bluetooth Setup menu can be accessed with or without a device attached to the USB port. To select the Bluetooth Setup menu when a device is attached to the USB port and active:

1. Press the MENU/SELECT **** while in the iPod, Zune, PFD, or USB device main menu.

To select the Bluetooth Music Setup menu when a device is not attached to the USB port, or when a device is attached to the USB port but not active:

1. Press the CD/AUX button until AUX is the active source.

2. Press the MENU/SELECT ****.

3. Select Bluetooth Music Setup.

To select the Bluetooth Music Setup menu when a Bluetooth device is connected and active:

1. Press the MENU/SELECT ****.

Please let us know if this was helpful!

Brandon

nope, I dont think it works unless you have the $450 preminum sound & USB option which is only available on the 2lt/2ls versions right?

Old 08-27-2012, 07:57 AM
Official GM Representitive

Originally Posted by Rombama
nope, I dont think it works unless you have the $450 preminum sound & USB option which is only available on the 2lt/2ls versions right?
I apologize for that. Yes, you would have to have the Convenience and Connectivity Package in order for the Bluetooth to play music for you.

Brandon