2010+ General
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

way back when

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 04:48 AM
1st Gear Member
Default way back when

Just wondering is it just me or do the concept camaro seem kinda blah, I mean don't get me wrong it is cool and all but maybe its just me But i have always been a GM man but idk the new camaro kinda looks like the new mustang... There use to be a time where the Camaro/Trans Am stood out every new what they where I mean they might have confused the T.A with the Camaro if they didnt know any better about cars but they would have never thought a mustang was a camaro, from the mustangs on the road now and all the concept camaro pics i have seen it it looks to me that ford and chevy started with the same box frame and just did diff edges. Ya I know what most r think i'm fing crazy but think about this when u drive as much as i do u notice cars that stick out the f-body has always won that as far as i am concerind but i think after chevy gets there head out of there a** and gets on with the camaro project and gets it out on the street and after the gory fades like it did with the new mustang I have a bad feeling people might c my point, then again I could b so far off base too but we ill not know till Chevy gets it out there. And for u lucky ones that have seen the concept up close and personal no i have not been that lucky I live in W.Y the sun sets 12hrs later here then anywhere else in the world.....

P/S
Is it just me or is the whole game chevy is playing
getting really old, first i heard 06, then 07, now if
we r all goood lil boys and girls we might c them
Xmas of 09, they know we want it and like what we
have seen, so Y r chevy lovers made to wait at lest ford
gave there custermers what they wanted and fords suck..

just my thoughts, feel free to say urs!!!!

Old 10-25-2007, 09:22 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: way back when

I think I just lost 30 IQ points reading this...

Old 10-25-2007, 10:17 AM
2nd Gear member

yeah, hard to read, but a good point, they are taking forever to release the car. I think itll be 09 to make it the "40th Anniversary addition" but 69 was not the first year, 67 was. people seem to forget that sometimes, especially people that are not as into cars. Itll be out, and what it lacks in style, and it does fall short in places, itll make up for in motor, which is what has me excited about the car

Old 10-26-2007, 02:49 PM
1st Gear Member

Very true, I know I could get approved for one financially wise with my credit but I dunno if I wanna pay a lot right away considering I still have a 2000. Once I make it my project car, then that's the time to get the new one and this time I'll have to get the Z or SS, so I know I can smoke some *****es.

Old 10-26-2007, 05:27 PM
3rd Gear Member

I couldn't agree with you more. By the time the new Camaro comes out it will old already. Don't get me wrong I love the way it looks but this is taking way too long. I just hope that when it does I don't say "eh that's it?". I think that your thinking like most of us are. As much as I love Camaros I'm more than sure I'll have one in my garage but GM has slipped on this one. I think we all agree on that. Very good point.

Old 10-26-2007, 05:28 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: riceeater

yeah, hard to read, but a good point, they are taking forever to release the car. I think itll be 09 to make it the "40th Anniversary addition" but 69 was not the first year, 67 was. people seem to forget that sometimes, especially people that are not as into cars. Itll be out, and what it lacks in style, and it does fall short in places, itll make up for in motor, which is what has me excited about the car
Actually, since the Concept was first shown in 2006 (I think the first showing at Detroit was Jan. '06), that's not a really long time to make it to production, first quarter 2006 Concept showing to (projected) first quarter 2009 available at dealers. Considering it's on a new platform and all of the things that had to be worked out, I don't see it as all that long. Granted, I'd like to have seen it available in 2008, but I'll wait.
Clyde

Old 11-03-2007, 11:51 AM
1st Gear Member

just to help prove my point last night at walmart i saw a scale model for the camaro concept and the dodge charger i think or challanger concept cars one of the 2 but being that there not the real thing but still from the side the lines r almost the same if they didn't have the names u could have a hard time telling them apart.

Old 11-03-2007, 07:55 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 8485Chevycowboy

just to help prove my point last night at walmart i saw a scale model for the camaro concept and the dodge charger i think or challanger concept cars one of the 2 but being that there not the real thing but still from the side the lines r almost the same if they didn't have the names u could have a hard time telling them apart.
And your point would be?? The original Challenger looked a lot like the '69 Camaro, but believe me, you could very easily tell them apart. The new Challenger looks very much like the old Challenger (very retro), the new Camaro looks like a modern evolution of the '69 Camaro, I'm sure I won't confuse the two. If you think the Challenger and the Camaro look a lot alike, 90% of the cars built in the last ten years look so much alike that you can't be sure what they are until you see the nameplate.
Clyde

Old 11-04-2007, 08:11 PM
4th Gear Member

well, thats true about most imports lol. least for me. only way to tell alot of them apart is headlights and taillights.

Old 11-11-2007, 01:59 PM
2nd Gear member

Yeah they took wayyy too long on this. I'd just rather get a Corvette. The new Camaro will probably be almost as much.

Quick Reply: way back when