Want to buy Camar0

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 10:55 AM
Default Want to buy Camar0

Hi, new to the forums.

I'm interested in buying 2010/11 camaro, I know the v8 is the better engine no doubt so I will shoot for that if the trade in and the price is right.

As with any other car, can you please advise what are the typical problems on these cars and what to look when looking for a used car?

What is the best package to get?

Any hints and tips are much appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Old 05-09-2013, 04:10 PM

DEfinitely shoot for the RS package and SS model if you can swing it!

Originally Posted by kavadarci
Hi, new to the forums.

I'm interested in buying 2010/11 camaro, I know the v8 is the better engine no doubt so I will shoot for that if the trade in and the price is right.

As with any other car, can you please advise what are the typical problems on these cars and what to look when looking for a used car?

What is the best package to get?

Any hints and tips are much appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:33 PM

Thank you
What are the most common problems to look for?

Old 05-09-2013, 07:47 PM
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by kavadarci
Thank you
What are the most common problems to look for?
Poor mpg @100+mph, noisy exhaust, replacing tires too frequently.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:57 PM
4th Gear Member

^ What he said.

Any who, there aren't many major problems (so far) with the new Camaros.....and it's mainly because they're new. I think for most people though, it's seeing out the windshield. It can be difficult, but I personally don't think it's all that bad.

Old 05-10-2013, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by MKCoconuts
^ What he said.

Any who, there aren't many major problems (so far) with the new Camaros.....and it's mainly because they're new. I think for most people though, it's seeing out the windshield. It can be difficult, but I personally don't think it's all that bad.
this and backing out
i got a slight tint in the back but the way the car is angled (i guess) its harder to see than most cars
vision of blindspots is not as bad as i expected
the biggest issue i have is seeing out the front, im 6" with long legs so im sitting kinda low which means i have trouble seeing the curb as im pulling out, but you can still feel it out

visibility of the left and right in front of you on sharp (mountain-like) turns is pretty bad but most people dont have to worry about such things on a daily basis
i bought the car with almost 16k miles and now at 17k my 2012 v6 averages 20.1 mpg which is ntb but if youre getting v8 i doubt fuel economy is a big concern