2010+ General
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Today is just the beginning

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 10:19 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Today is just the beginning

I currently own a 2000 Pontiac Firebird and the year they stopped production on the bird and the camaro I was shocked, only to hear from an insider family member that the camaro would return, I was stoked. . .little did I know or realize that it would take 7 years to do this. . . .but no worries. . .I built and ordered my new 2010 2SS/RS Camaro this afternoon!!! I'm stoked!!!

Old 06-05-2009, 12:22 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

well allllllright. when is she due for delivery? welcome to the forum. u should go to new members page and do a intro.

Old 06-05-2009, 12:51 AM
1st Gear Member

congrats me too! i ordered about a week and a half ago...new 2ss rs too!...how long did they tell you? they told me it might be up to 6 months unfortunately

Old 06-05-2009, 03:12 AM
1st Gear Member

congrats to you!....

Old 06-05-2009, 05:58 AM
In the Staging Lanes

I was told once they place the order it will only take 6-8 weeks, so they were talking around September. They will call and confirm when they actually place the order! 6 months?? Thats horrible! Maybe its just the allocation numbers from your dealership are farther down the line, good luck to you and congrats as well!!! Keep me updated how the process runs for you, hopefully it all runs smoothly for us both

Old 06-07-2009, 08:22 AM
Super Scooch
January 2009 ROTM

Wow, I saw your post in the new member section and came over here expecting to see pics!!! 6 MOnths!!!!! OUCH!!!!

So... lets see hear a little about the build sheet. Whats she gonna be?? WHats she gonna look like? Hows she gonna roll? I've got my eyes closed... tryin to picture her naow....

Something tells me that Your Camaro isnt gonna look much like what my 2010 LS7 was going to!!!

Old 06-07-2009, 09:30 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Well, pretty basic, shes solid black with the RS upgrade, so it'll have the darker wheels as well, im hoping to get it totally black on black after some time passes. The options that came with the 2SS and the RS upgrade were everything I wanted, all I added to it was the power moon roof I went back and forth debating on changing it to the bumble bee but finally settled on black, much sleeker in my opinion But don't worry, i will defiantly have pictures posted as soon as she rolls off the truck

Old 06-07-2009, 09:32 PM
2nd Gear member

wow i dont think i could wait that long for the car i would be getting so anxious

Old 06-08-2009, 05:12 PM
1st Gear Member

yeah 6-8 weeks might be more realistic (and definitely would be much more exciting to get it in september or october) but they said it might take up to 6 months...albeit that might have been a sales tactic to get me to act right away and place the order ha ha which they didn't have to do because i already knew i was going to order it...

so i'm really hoping it will only take 6-8 weeks once the order has been placed...they've been selling like hotcakes at least at this dealership which is pretty amazing for a town of maybe 30,000 people...

i know that my allocation should be one of the next ones because last week when i went in to talk to the guy he said he thought it had already gone through, which amazed me because he initially told me about 5 weeks just to get the allocation (and less than a week had passed ha ha) but it ended up being that two other camaros that had been ordered through them got theirs before mine so i'm guessing mine is next on the list if he thought it was high enough on the list to have already gone through...

september or october would be awesome though

Old 06-09-2009, 08:08 AM
In the Staging Lanes

I'm patiently waiting for my phone call to tell me the order has been placed. They told me they could place it by this Friday at the latest and they would call to verify all the details of my car with me, and from that point on 6-8 weeks, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. . .that would actually put me at early august. . .but I won't get my hopes up too high

Quick Reply: Today is just the beginning