Strange Electrical issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2019, 07:02 AM
Question Strange Electrical issues

Hello,
Thank you for allowing me to join the forum. We have a 2014 Camaro with a V-6 and 6 speed transmission that we have owned since new. This car has been one of the most fun and best decisions I have ever made. That said, we recently have been experiencing strange electrical issues that show no pattern or root cause. The radio is acting weird almost to the point of having a mind of its own. It will flash, not turn on or turn off at weird times. Also, the directional has been acting strange at times and blinking to a different sheet of music. I drove the car this past Sunday and it was perfectly fine, then my son had it this week and it acted up again. My local mechanic replaced the battery that was 4 plus years old with the thinking that maybe it was the issue given we are in winter with more strain on the battery. The battery change only seemed to make things worse rather than better. I see videos on You Tube that talk about cutting a white wire on the radio harness to solve the problem. Cutting a wire with no definite reason as to why I am doing it makes no sense to me. Anybody else having or heard of similar issues? I appreciate any help you can provide. Thank You
KBEG

Old 06-29-2019, 02:18 AM

I had a similar issue with my AC running with the ECU of the car. There should be a panel on the driver side next to the AC unit that comes off. Under there are the fuses that run the ECU. Use a pair of needle nose pliers to remove the fuse (the fuse for me was F5 or my AC fuse). After removing the correct fuse tailored to your problem, plug it back in and start the car. This should reset the fuse and the ECU making it seem like it's a "new fuse" and the computer will adjust accordingly.

Old 09-28-2021, 04:00 PM

I realize your post is from a while ago, but I'm just wondering if you ever got to the bottom of it? My 2016 is doing the same stuff, and the dealership is no help because it hasn't happened while it's been in the shop. I don't want to cut that mysterious white wire for no reason. Did you have any luck fixing it? Thanks.