SS 4 pod gauges

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 10:11 PM
May 2010 ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club
Default SS 4 pod gauges

Does anyone know if you can get the 4 pod gauges from the dealer? Just wondering since that was the only option I didnt get that I wanted. Also wondering if it is all wired up for it already or not. Thanks.

Old 01-13-2010, 10:17 PM
May 2010 ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Ya, its on Ebay for $600, it looks like you have to replace the center consol too, maybe just the trim though. Still dont know about the wires though.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:29 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I asked the dealer about this and he said the connectors are there ready to hook up. I haven't disected my console to confirm yet though.

Old 01-15-2010, 07:50 AM
May 2010 ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club

I figured as much, probably less $$ to put the hook up in all of them, then making 2 designs.

Old 02-25-2010, 10:43 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Ok, I removed my center console trimplate today, very easy to do. To remove the trimplate:

1. Run your fingers along the bottom of the plastic side trim on the driver and passenger side, pulling where you feel pressure. The side trim goes all the way to the back of the armrest.

2. After both sides are off, look up at the underside of the center console, there will be six white pressure clips around the shifter push them up and they will pop out.

3. After all six are loose, the trimplate comes right off.

4. To get the plate out, put the car in neutral and pull it out, BE SURE NOT TO STRECTH THE WIRES ON THE CONNECTOR TOO MUCH!! There is some slack in the wiring harness, but not too much.

5. The connector feeds the cigarette and traction control switch. Unplug it and the plate is free. Done!

I am getting the gauges from the dealer tomorrow. I am skeptical because the dealership does not know if it will be just the gauges or the gauges with the trimplate. Another thing I am not confident about is whether all the necessary wires will be there for the gauges. There are five wires in the harness to the trimplate, three go to the traction switch and the other two go the cigarette lighter. I will find out tomorrow if the install will work or not and post ASAP.

Last edited by pezlow; 02-25-2010 at 10:46 PM. Reason: poor grammar
Old 02-26-2010, 04:56 PM
November 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

sounds like you got a handle on it.....good luck !!!

Old 02-26-2010, 08:09 PM
May 2010 ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club

For sure. Let us know. Thanks.

Old 02-26-2010, 10:12 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Ok, here's the latest. Due to the fact that the gauges just became available for purchase on Valentine's Day my order was delayed a business day, says the dealership. The good news is the cost will be $450 plus tax. So, I am going to cruise around this weekend without center console trim. Oh well, when the gauges come in the embarassment will payoff. The dealer still doesn't know about compatibility, so I will post Monday when it comes in.

Old 03-01-2010, 11:23 PM
In the Staging Lanes

AAAAAARRRGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!! ([***choice words***]) dealership has again let me down. Their original vendor had a "stocking error" stating they had one when they really had none. Anyway, with a heck of a discount I am now waiting AGAIN until this Friday. On an up note, my clear side markers came in and I will be putting them on tomorrow.

Old 03-02-2010, 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by pezlow
I asked the dealer about this and he said the connectors are there ready to hook up. I haven't disected my console to confirm yet though.
It passes more than that a month? Did you confirm it or not?

Quick Reply: SS 4 pod gauges