2010+ General
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

speed limiter - how to disable

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 11:40 AM
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rombama
I dont need your help because you obvisouly dont know anything because it you did you would have posted it already instead of just being a ninnying "safety Sally"
You realize that, although we all love to go fast and enjoy modding our cars and pushing them to their limits and helping others achieve this and they're goals, that the "senior" members here's first and foremost priority is safety, in which your car at the moment is not properly set up for and that is why no one will give you the answer you want?

We are looking out for your own safety as well as those that could be around you at the time you decide to speed. If for any reason you do not like the advice given to you, then please leave, but do not insult any members knowledge...especially when he's putting safety first.

Old 09-20-2012, 12:15 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

I'm a bit leery about giving someone advice on how to make their car "go faster", without knowing their mechanical and/or driving abilities or disabilities.
After driving the car up a tree because the car was going faster than it was designed to (the reason it has a speed limiter), one may ask him "who told you it would be ok to defeat the limiter"? "Oh", he says, "so and so on Camaro Forums told me how to do it". That leaves you wide open for a lawsuit. It may seem like a frivolous charge, but in today's society, anybody can sue anybody for anything, and it costs you money to prove your innocence.
So to answer this guys question, I abstain.

Old 10-12-2012, 07:48 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by Camaro 69
I'm a bit leery about giving someone advice on how to make their car "go faster", without knowing their mechanical and/or driving abilities or disabilities.
After driving the car up a tree because the car was going faster than it was designed to (the reason it has a speed limiter), one may ask him "who told you it would be ok to defeat the limiter"? "Oh", he says, "so and so on Camaro Forums told me how to do it". That leaves you wide open for a lawsuit. It may seem like a frivolous charge, but in today's society, anybody can sue anybody for anything, and it costs you money to prove your innocence.
So to answer this guys question, I abstain.
you can think the weasel parasite government and the weasel lawyers for that mess.

So apppartently the only way to get the speed limiter off this car is to buy a $400 tuner? I havent got around to asking a dealer yet, but cant they turn it off once I get good tires for a small charge? I guess I should have just found a car with the $700 wheel & tire option.

Old 12-21-2012, 06:43 PM
In the Staging Lanes

called the dealership, for $50 they can remove the speed limiter if you have proper tires. Cant beat that.

Old 12-21-2012, 07:29 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

ya but now you need to buy 800$ worth of tires

Old 12-22-2012, 03:45 AM
2nd Gear member

Hey pal, there's no reason for you to have an attitude. No one started anything with you, all that was mentioned was your tires and you got snotty when the end result is that if you don't want to do it yourself you'll have to buy the correct tires anyways. So, if you want to come on here an ask for help, it would be wise of you to not insult the people that you are asking help from. Everyone has their own opinion, including you. If you can't handle constructive advice, which is intended to help you in a civil manner I suggest you find a different forum.

Old 12-22-2012, 07:48 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by KissMyTush
Hey pal, there's no reason for you to have an attitude. No one started anything with you, all that was mentioned was your tires and you got snotty when the end result is that if you don't want to do it yourself you'll have to buy the correct tires anyways. So, if you want to come on here an ask for help, it would be wise of you to not insult the people that you are asking help from. Everyone has their own opinion, including you. If you can't handle constructive advice, which is intended to help you in a civil manner I suggest you find a different forum.

To qutpe Damien Sandow "Thankyou For your Irrelevent Opinion". acting like your some all knowing guru on the top of the mountain and everyone should just bow at your feet. I asked how to re-program the speed limiter if I had the right tires and junior comes in and starts lecturing about tire speed ratings. that's why that other bigger forum stinks because every thread you have 1000 jackasses come into everythread and voice their repetitive opinions.

And about spending the $800, well you got to buy new tires anyway so no biggie. I'll probably have my stockers worn out in another year. I'll probably get some Firestone Firehawks, they are only about $150 a piece I think. Ofcourse it would probably be wise to consider some higher end tires.

Old 12-22-2012, 01:09 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

To qutpe Damien Sandow "Thankyou For your Irrelevent Opinion". acting like your some all knowing guru on the top of the mountain and everyone should just bow at your feet. I asked how to re-program the speed limiter if I had the right tires and junior comes in and starts lecturing about tire speed ratings. that's why that other bigger forum stinks because every thread you have 1000 jackasses come into everythread and voice their repetitive opinions.

And about spending the $800, well you got to buy new tires anyway so no biggie. I'll probably have my stockers worn out in another year. I'll probably get some Firestone Firehawks, they are only about $150 a piece I think. Ofcourse it would probably be wise to consider some higher end tires.
firestone tires are kinda crappy, they wear unevenly and fast.

Old 12-22-2012, 04:08 PM
2nd Gear member

In no way did I act as "an all knowing guru" I am simply trying to say there is no reason for your attitude. Especially when you want something from us that you can't do for yourself.

Old 12-13-2014, 08:10 PM

+1 for HP Tuners software basic is $450 to put on a laptop. Incredible things you can do way beyond just removing the speed limiter.

Quick Reply: speed limiter - how to disable