2010+ General
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spare tire?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 11:16 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Spare tire?

Hi, I am shopping for a new car and the Camaro SS or 1LE is on the top of the list. I believe the new Camaro SS or 1LE does not come equipped with a spare tire and if this is true, is there a spare tire kit I can buy or is there a way to piece together a spare tire kit??....has any one has heard of this??? I was also looking a Mustang Gt with the track pack and this car does not come equipped with a spare tire either but, there is a factory spare tire kit available for this car and one of the conditions is, if you get a front flat tire, must remove rear tire and put spare on rear of car and place rear tire on front of the car, this is due to the large brake caliber and the spare tire rim won't fit over it so, the back tire will fit over the front brake caliber. So, is there a system like this for the Camaro or something people have been using?

Old 07-16-2013, 08:04 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Hmmm....nothing?? This site is dead or there is no spare tire options?

Old 08-11-2013, 04:16 PM

I was wondering the same thing. We just got an LT (got it nearly 10k under msrp) and that is really my only complaint is that it doesn't have a spare and would like to have one since its for the lady. Just curious to see if you have found anything for it yet.

Old 08-12-2013, 08:31 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Originally Posted by Adam Jennings
I was wondering the same thing. We just got an LT (got it nearly 10k under msrp) and that is really my only complaint is that it doesn't have a spare and would like to have one since its for the lady. Just curious to see if you have found anything for it yet.
The 1LT has a spare tire option package at the dealer, you could probably order the spare tire kit with jack from a GM dealership and should cost under $200 bucks. I wouldn't use the tire sealant kit, it will most likely ruin the tire pressure monitoring system (sensor) and I doubt GM would warranty that part if the flat is due to any issue other then a tire defect.

I haven't been able to get any info for the spare tire kit for the SS model and I would not be comfortable driving around without a spare tire. There has to be something out there? I guess I could buy another full size rim and small jack and keep it in the trunk but, that takes up a lot of room and is probably heavy and we all know the Camaro doesn't need any more weight added on. I was wondering if anyone heard of a spare tire from another type of car fitting on a Camaro?? Got to be something out there?