2010+ General
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Differential in 2011 Camaro LS

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 11:17 AM
Default Rear Differential in 2011 Camaro LS

I was wondering if anyone out there has been having an issue with their 2011 camaros? When I make a turn, slow or fast, engine on or off the back end makes a noise. It is the same noise as if the power steering fluid was out. But that has been checked. I took it to the dealer and they said it sounded like the rear differential...they did not have an answer for it or do anything to fix it. My concern is, that if it IS the rear differential, could my tires be wearing faster than they should, in addition to causing later problems. The car has 2,000 miles on it...much to soon to have problems...Anyone out there have the same issue?

Old 09-16-2011, 08:36 AM
Official GM Representitive

ginap, I would suggest getting into contact with our Customer Assistance team in regards to this. I can setup a case for you if you'd like. They would work with you and your dealer to resolve this issue. All you would need to do would be to send me your contact information and I can get you all setup. I hope this helps.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service

Old 09-19-2011, 05:49 PM
October 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by ginap2011
I was wondering if anyone out there has been having an issue with their 2011 camaros? When I make a turn, slow or fast, engine on or off the back end makes a noise. It is the same noise as if the power steering fluid was out. But that has been checked. I took it to the dealer and they said it sounded like the rear differential...they did not have an answer for it or do anything to fix it. My concern is, that if it IS the rear differential, could my tires be wearing faster than they should, in addition to causing later problems. The car has 2,000 miles on it...much to soon to have problems...Anyone out there have the same issue?
LOL how to you make a turn slow or fast with the engine off

Old 12-25-2011, 01:14 PM
Default rear dif noise

I had the same problem with my '11 SS.
I took it to the dealer & they said the was a buletin on it & they had to add an additive for the rear end. They did & problem solved. Hope this helps.

Old 12-25-2011, 07:35 PM
3rd Gear Member

more than likely its just the posi unit locking and unlocking; this will happen when cornering, accelerating hard and decelerating hard. This is pretty normal for all cars with a LSD, but making sure the correct amount of friction modifier is there is also important.