OBVIOUSLY THE OTHER PICS WASNT PHOTOCHOPED(FORD RIPS CAMARO)

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 02:46 PM
Ninja Administrator
Default RE: OBVIOUSLY THE OTHER PICS WASNT PHOTOCHOPED(FORD RIPS CAMARO)

ORIGINAL: Spartan66

The Mustang is a hot car because its sporty and cheap. I see more females and female/maleteenagers alikedriving convertible 94-05s Mustangs than i do seeinganyonedriving Camaros, i know one woman who drives a V6Camaro and she sold it for a Z06 and then crashed it. Around here kids own V6 mustangs because they are sporty, "cool" and cheap and mommy and daddy can afford to pay mechanics all the time when they do dumb stuff thinking they have horsepower.... but thats my area... i remember two years ago everyone would rag on my Mustang at school but once people got into mustangs they sprung up like weeds... and when i sold mine in hopes of getting a 2nd gen Camaro two people went out and got 2nd gens and then found they couldnt afford them so they sold em... Currently im the only kid with a camaro at school. I love it because i feel more original.. im not buying cars because everyone else thought they were cool. Thats whats wrong with all these Mustang drivers now days, they want a good looking car so they buy a mustang... they dont really care about performance... when you buy a Camaro your looking for more performance constantly.
I could tell from your earlier posts you felt that way with your eariler comments. Originality for originality's sake has no bearing on this discussion. Our economy thrives on the "fact" that a "good" product will outsell an "inferior" one. But to the point lemme just leave you with this

[8D]

Old 09-19-2007, 05:55 PM
4th Gear Member

[>:].... lol... well.. true... i just have a chip on my shoulder kuz all these kids ragged on my mustang and when i finally get rid of it because i want something faster and better mustangs become the new sensation.. Not only that but i had to earn my mustang AND my Camaro.. they get everything handed to them.. not a single kid at my school has bought and or paid for EVERYTHING, either their parents bought the car, pay the insurance or atleast 1/2, or pay for gas.... usually if they pay for gas they bought the car for the kid and the kid has no respect for the car and no sense of value for the car.. if it breaks mommy and daddy will replace it.. I seriously want to live in a less Microsoft/Boeing infested area..

Old 10-10-2007, 11:32 PM

Dude just reading some of your post make's me laugh, you can rag on ford all day but it's just your opinion with no fact's to back it up (no wonder your still in school) ford Mustang is the baddest Muscule car on the street right now, waiting for the camaro and challenger to prove it on the streets. The vette is considered a supercar and not to be compared w/t Shelby though everybody try's to compare it to the Cobra which that alone speaks volume's in itself. As for some of your members like redneck and spector they are at least objective and not baseing their opinions just out of emotions. Until the new Camaro comes out you can always dream that its a better looking, faster, lower price car but I doubt that any of these will hold true.

[IMG]local://upfiles/8822/5D442A1B922D468582E1BCC65BC2A859.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-11-2007, 11:45 AM
2nd Gear member

the fact is, this is a camaro website, genious, of course there will be a bias, and the Shelby car is not a musclecar either, its a limited production sports car built on a musclecar platform. they are very overrated as well, when one considers how poor their power/weight ratio is, and how poorly it handles corners, especially when you look at the price tag (not msrp, the ridiculous selling prices these cars have). corvette, and even some lower end european cars are much better for the money. as far as styling, short of the Ford GT and the Viper and Vette, I think the SHelby is the best styled of the new cars on the road

Old 10-11-2007, 11:45 PM

So let me get this straight. the new camaro will be using the zeta platform which it the same as the gto with a 3750 lbs car weight and probably be using the Ls2 engine because they wont use the same powerplant as the vette. The 06 GTO was going for 34k and only sold less then 14k units. Now your going to tell me that this camaro will be faster, and cheaper then a goat. And if they use the irs not only will they never hook up on the road at street racing but can never be under 34k for a basic camaro v8. Yes they make a great n/a engine but will cost more (alot more) to throw a S/C and gearing to compete with whats out there right now. I am looking forward to the Camaro and Challenger because competition makes for better ideas and more kills and glad to see the second coming of ford dominance.

[IMG]local://upfiles/8822/37C89E69FA9043069ECA55D16D94134B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-11-2007, 11:51 PM
Ninja Administrator

wait... they are going irs with the camaro? DOH [:@]

that would be dumb. the only thing keeping the goats slow is the suspension. a solid axle ls2 car could push the huge gut of the GTO just fine. the new GT's are heavy too, but they have a suspension that keeps them competing

Old 10-12-2007, 11:04 AM
2nd Gear member

and, as things get older, they get cheaper, the zeta is not a brand new idea now, manufacturing is easier, and they would put an ls3 in, maybe not an ls7, camaros and vettes have always had the same or very similar powerplants, as for irs, its not going in this car, and vettes have irs, works fine for them last i checked

Old 10-12-2007, 11:41 AM
Ninja Administrator

not in drag.
most vette owners who seriously drag the cars need to modify the suspension or add a solid rear. the IRS is designed for track courses which is what the vette is made for.

Old 10-12-2007, 07:13 PM
4th Gear Member

last i knew. the base V8 camaro was getting the LS1(staying true i guess lol) then a LS2(but recently read differently) and then a S/C LS3. but then again, i also read, there's gonna be 2 V6s and a deffenent 1 V8(sizes werent to be released on that article)

as for the GTO... my mom's boss has a GTO chipped and tuned, don't know what numbers are, but he gets my dad's vette every time... and my dad's vette does bout 425HP at crank... but then again, my dad hit 135/140 in 3rd gear lol, his GTO did 110 in 3rd.

personally, i think the LS2 is prolly the best power per liter LS engine there is, it jus needs to be put in a car that uses that, only thing it's been in is Base model vette, and heavy as hell GTO.

deff think they should bring pack the F platformwould just continue the tradition...
isn't the G6 on the GTO platform too?

Old 10-12-2007, 08:18 PM
3rd Gear Member

WHy not the LS7? Just because the competition of the Vette? I have a very strange feeling this car is not gonna make production. It doesnt make any sense to.. Nobody wants mid grade proformance at top$$ price. I will also add I have seen the camaro on the 06 hot rod power tour..The car is Fuggin ugly. I would rather the GTO than a new camaro...****, I would rather a 96 Impalla SS than a new Camaro. When something is dead, let it die. DONT bring back a legend only to embarress it. That would be like bringing John Wayne back to life and dressing him as a woman..

If Cheverolet wants to really move this car, they will have it available in many option..Just like back in the 60's. You can call your local dealer and buy what you want, how you want. If I want the SS package with out the power, why shouldnt I be able to have it. If I want ALL THE POWER with cheap seats, manual windors, locks and an AM/FM radio I should be able to get that also.

Quick Reply: OBVIOUSLY THE OTHER PICS WASNT PHOTOCHOPED(FORD RIPS CAMARO)