2010+ General
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OBVIOUSLY THE OTHER PICS WASNT PHOTOCHOPED(FORD RIPS CAMARO)

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 06:18 PM
Default RE: OBVIOUSLY THE OTHER PICS WASNT PHOTOCHOPED(FORD RIPS CAMARO)

What the hell is up with that rear end? The engineers drinking on the job? The front looks decent and it seems to go downhill the farther back they got..

Nice try, back to the drawing boards...

Next...

Old 06-16-2007, 03:45 AM
3rd Gear Member

A rip off huh? To bad I saw pictures of this car before the Camaro's design even came out. come to think of it, that design was resleased last year at the 2006 LA auto show. wow Ford must have broke into GM and stole the designs for the new camaro & then paid an iltainal designer to take credit for it. wow, maybe you should tell chevy about this...

Old 06-30-2007, 01:03 AM
In the Staging Lanes

Yeah, that car was a styling exercise to see what direction Ford should go with the next update of the current Mustang. The designers of the current Mustang looked mostly to the '64 1/2 - '68 model years for inspiration, whereas this Italian guy supposedly looked to the '70 for this one. Their problem is that the current Mustang is just about a perfect modernization of the classic styling, so where do they go from there?

And as for "ripping things off" . . . let's look at the facts. The Camaro is a "rip-off" of the Mustang. It was made in response to the popularity of the Mustang, just like the Thunderbird was developed in response to the popularity of the Corvette. That's really just a case of the market responding to what is selling.

Retro styling? How about the Volkswagen New Beetle? That came out in, what, '98? WAAAAY before the current Mustang, the 5th gen Camaro, the current "GTO" (which is ugly as sin, BTW, and not retro at all), or any of the new Mopars.

Old 07-09-2007, 11:19 PM

+1000 turtle. The Vette will always be the topdog although the viper is challenging. Everybody else is competing for 3rd. Although the GT40 will take the vette its not a mass production car.

Old 07-10-2007, 02:54 AM
4th Gear Member

That was a special design by a buncha Italians... In Italy.. Its not a concept for any future car... Its a rendition.. If anythign its a Mustang rip off... Its got its own article in one of these mustang magazines ive got laying around.

Old 07-10-2007, 09:49 PM
2nd Gear member

There are similarities an differences too

Old 08-07-2007, 05:11 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I think that is a killer Mustang! Ya'll need to quit hating on the italian design. That will change the mustang forever. And about the glass top, I read on Autoweek that Ford would definitely not be using a full length one piece glass roof. They just hired that italian dude to help them come up with some slicker ideas. The only thing I kinda am iffy on with this mustang is the tail lights. Why Ford has to have a 3 bulb per side taillight is beyond me but that particular idea is *EH*. Everything else about it rocks.

Old 08-08-2007, 02:35 AM
4th Gear Member

Why did chevy have to have the full bar on the Camaro? it never makes sense...

I still dont think it looks good, and i still think they should stick to the same old boring S197 over the italian design at least its more simple and more clean.

Old 08-16-2007, 02:38 PM
1st Gear Member

Honestly that mustang looks better then the new Camaro in my opinion...The interior is kind of stupid, though.

Old 08-17-2007, 01:07 AM
4th Gear Member

its pretty sad when italians start a design for a domestic group... we should have plenty of stuff up oursleeves... Chevy didnt ask for outside opinions..

Quick Reply: OBVIOUSLY THE OTHER PICS WASNT PHOTOCHOPED(FORD RIPS CAMARO)