2010+ General
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New camaros r ugly

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 04:40 AM
4th Gear Member
Default RE: New camaros r ugly

speaking on the cars size...I saw it in person, both ragtop and hardtop, and it looks big, but it might just be the design, i'd assume it's the same size of the GTO right?

Old 03-18-2007, 05:23 PM

The challenger 6.1 burns premium....you don't even WANNA go there! When prices hit nearly $4 a gallon I about crapped my pants at paying over $20 to fill my motorcycle with premium.....how would you like to pay out $80 to fill your Challenger? I'll take the performance level of the camaro on regular gas thank you very much.
Besides....if DCX cheapens up the interior of the challenger the way they did with the Charger and Avenger I'd be embarassed to have anyone look thru the glass at it. I would'nt be afraid to wager that the Camaro interior will have a lot more class since it won't take much to improve on the Challenger.

Old 03-20-2007, 12:25 PM
Dominos Puck
New Formula! Now with 10% more Win!

ORIGINAL: rat454
I don't think they areugly per say, I just don't think they look like a camaro. I can't really put my finger on what it is but the nose looks like a caddy not a camaro....think it needs to look more like a 1st gen in the front..
My brother walked in and saw my 09 camaro desktop wallpaper and thought it was a Bentley. I kinda see what he means.

Someone else was mentioning it was too drastic of a change (the 09 camaro). I see what he means. But I think the fact that the camaro died, and now is being reborn, allows the drastic change. It would have been weirder if they went from the 2002 camaro straight to what the 2009 looks like in 2003. The 2009 is a new start and has a new look. Not so bad is it?

I think it looks cool, but I don't care for the way it looks in red (and I like red). I would try to get silver with black stripes or black with red stripes (don't know what's possible though). Yellow with black stripes could look cool too. I don't think that very many colors would look right on the 09. It has so much flat surface area.

The gigantic wheels bug me a little bit... I kinda hope they arejust part of the usual prototype extreme design and that the real thing will be toned down a little. Prototypes usually have massive wheels. Ever noticed that?

Old 03-21-2007, 01:16 AM
In the Staging Lanes

When they are available I will drive one and then decide. If the "wow factor" is there then I'll buy one. There are things about the styling that I like and things I'd have done different. But the real acid test of this car will come frombehind the wheel. My "looks" have changed a lot over the decades but I'm still me where it counts. If the new Camaro is indeed a Camaro where it counts, you can carp about the looks while I drive by with a smile on my face.

Old 03-21-2007, 03:36 AM
4th Gear Member

Is it just me, or does anyone else dislike the new challenger? is that even going into production?

That is wayyyy to retro for my tastes

Old 03-21-2007, 03:14 PM
4' 11" 117 lbs of fury!

the thing that upsetss me is that the bubbley lights and the concave grill makes it look like a combo between a caddy and a new stang that really anoyed me

Old 03-22-2007, 12:00 AM

The challenger is going into production pretty much as you have seen it. That prototype was a driveable hand build proto that cost DCX something like 2.1 mil to have built...and they are going to duplicate everything from the hand build proto to be production parts (after a few mods to make the individual parts cheaper of course). Most of the underpinnings are from the charger anyhow. Smart move....build the same platform with different wheelbases and sheet metal. Bet I won't be able to get my employee discount on either the challenger or camaro though. DCX was not giving it on the super bee editions of the charger either. I damn near bought one but the idea of getting screwed out of my employee discount just plain pissed me off. Of course...the premium gas issue did'nt set well with me either, but I was geeked up enough over the car that I would have overlooked that issue in the heat of the moment had I been able to use the chrysler employee discount. I'm probably better off financially saving my bucks for the camaro ragtop anyway and it will take up less space in the garage. I guess if they screw it up somehow a charger or challenger is a good fall back option.....

Old 03-22-2007, 02:31 AM
3rd Gear Member

I think the new Challenger is an awesome car. It was a thorn in the camaro side in the 70's & I think it will be again. It is a just an amazing car all togeather. And I think it will give the new camaro some very heavy competition.

Old 03-22-2007, 08:08 PM
1st Gear Member

the new camaro willl have those big wheels..or will @ least have them as an option.i know some1 earlier had asked about them and read about 2 weeks ago that they were actually changing the frame so that the 20" rims could fit with ease and i also heard that with the change that 24's would be possible without trouble if you wanted them.either way from what ive heard the new camaro is going to look pretty much like what the concept looks like and personally, i like it!!

Old 03-22-2007, 09:38 PM
4th Gear Member

ugly damn car i have ever seen i would rather own a ford. well not a ford, but they are ugly.

Quick Reply: New camaros r ugly