New Camaro in Transformers

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 11:34 PM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: New Camaro in Transformers

ORIGINAL: Spartan66

Im thinkin Corvette Z06! lol or how about a... 1969 Chevelle.
They were going to use a 69' Maro for the first car before it turned into the new Maro.....but a kid ina middle class family witha classic car would kinda mess up the story lol.

Old 10-10-2007, 11:40 PM

That Saleen Mustang puts out 550 hp , and you say that the camaro would be faster. No way maybe the Z06 because its lighter and more aerodynamic.

Old 10-11-2007, 01:32 AM
4th Gear Member

Are you talking about in the movie? We all know in real life that Saleens with all their fancy superchargers and performance enhancementsmaking all the power would beat a stock 09 Camaro. But if the new ones gonna have 400 off the bat it wouldnt be hard to beat a Saleen with the same s/c and similar performancesetup. Mustang has never created a n/a car with over 400 horses... mainly kuz their little engines arent worth much (considering the GM 3800 makes more horses than the Mustangs 3.8s... and Fords had the 3.8 longer too and they havent done jack with it). If you wanna compare the Saleen and Camaro in the transformer movie well theres a simple answer... The good guy always wins.. The good guy was a Camaro bad guy was the mustang.. put two and two together yourself broski.

EDIT: Oh yeah, have Ford make an N/A engine like the LS7... NEVER gonna happen.. stock for stock ford cant touch GM performance.

Old 10-18-2007, 06:07 PM
3rd Gear Member

That's how Ford evened up the odds by adding an SC for the same price as the compeitor. Namely us. Little woman bought the movie for me yesterday so I had to watch it again. Can't get enough of the Maro!!!!

Old 10-18-2007, 06:15 PM
2nd Gear member

wow, put f/i on an import and it can be kinda quick, do it naturally then i am impressed

Old 10-19-2007, 02:30 AM
4th Gear Member

The thing is tho that alot of imports (especially german: VW, AUDI, etc.) come factory turboed because they like tax the car by the size of the engine, so if we were to go buy a 07 Z06 or somethin over there we would get raped on the price. Thats why they take the dinky 1.8 and turbo it. The turbos on em arent all that powerful so thats why people in the states mess with em and since their little light cars and they run alot more effeciently than domestic cars they can make big numbers with a good size budget.. Now our engines are bigger and with a low to middle range budget you can make a monsterous hot rod for alot cheaper than you could make a 1.8T GTI fast. At least thats my understanding of it all.

Old 10-28-2007, 11:57 PM

i dont mean to be the party crasher, but the camaro in the movie was really a modded pontiac GTO with the exterior made by saleen with molds from GM

However, i do admit that it was awesome.

Anyone seen it in IMAX, dude, that ****ing rocked.

Old 10-29-2007, 02:29 AM
Overdrive Member

ORIGINAL: divvichild

i dont mean to be the party crasher, but the camaro in the movie was really a modded pontiac GTO with the exterior made by saleen with molds from GM

I'msuppose you're going to tell me the Transformers weren't real either?

Old 10-29-2007, 11:10 AM
1st Gear Member

Just saw Transformers for the first time last night and it was so awesome, loved the Camaros.

Old 10-29-2007, 05:19 PM

ORIGINAL: 02StanGT

ORIGINAL: divvichild

I'msuppose you're going to tell me the Transformers weren't real either?

No, story plot mr frodo, story plot.

Quick Reply: New Camaro in Transformers