2010+ General
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some opinions to help me bring things into perspective

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 03:49 PM
Default Need some opinions to help me bring things into perspective

Okay I own a 2010 GT and a 2010 LT2 RS package Camaro.

I love the Camaro a lot more than the GT. The GT's interior maybe everything but the way the Camaro looks is just nothing short of spectacular.

Now I was thinking of getting the SS Camaro with the RS package. I have a hard time coping with having a V6 muscle car(my wife actually got that one).

It seems to me 300 HP isn't enough any more. I don't really speed too much and the V6 Camaro certainly feels great, has the 20 inch tires, victory red with black stripes. It's also become my daily commute car.

I'm wondering if you all feel it's truly worth it for someone in my situation to upgrade to the V8. The V6 lacks a good muscle car sound which is important to me. Also I'm not sure how the gas situation is going to work and my insurance.

Still though I want that 400 HP and I feel like I'm driving; although something that may be perfect for me.. I'll always feel like it's second rate and that bugs me. Want the SS so bad but also don't want car payments now and want to eat and not have to worry about rent. What's your two cents?

Old 06-09-2010, 10:05 PM
3rd Gear Member

How long is your daily commute? Gas and insurance would be my biggest fear in terms of extra cost. You can look into some bolt on upgrades to get you some more power, but it still won't sound like a V8.

Would you be selling the Mustang GT and the V6 Camaro to fund the SS? If so, you could buy the SS Camaro and use it as a cruiser or a daily driver a couple days a week, and a cheaper more fuel efficent car as your daily driver.

Old 06-10-2010, 02:57 AM

Well I'd be interested in trading in the GT. Also it would be my daily drive since my wife needs a car for her daily drive. All this aside I know what my dream car is, and it's a camaro SS. Preferably black and with silver racing stripes.

Again though; I don't drive too fast. I had a horrible ticket when I got my GT so I drive the speed limit. It just feels like the V8 is a man's car.

Old 06-10-2010, 11:28 AM
3rd Gear Member

That's pretty much how I drive too. I have a Trans Am as my daily driver and yet I rarely go beyond the speed limit, but it is nice when I am idling at a light and hearing those double cylinder hits lol. I say go for it man, give your wife the V6 to drive get yourself an SS!

Old 06-10-2010, 04:40 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Had a Mustang V6 owner trade up to an SS....

Camaro V6 HP = 312

Old 06-16-2010, 02:16 PM

Give your wife back her new 2LT. She picked it out, SHE should be enjoying it. You're driving all the new out of it. Drive your own GT as a commuter, it gets about the same mileage plus you will be racking up a lot of miles on it. Once you get enough mileage on that GT with the V8 sound, then you can think about trading it in for a 2SS. Think about how much money is lost as soon as you drive a new car off the lot. It's too soon to be thinking about trading either vehicle, they are too new, you will only lose.

Old 06-18-2010, 10:07 AM
In the Staging Lanes

I think you'd lose LESS money now while the cars are still in good demand...Once our 2011's start hitting the lots, we'll start seeing a little bit more of a price difference.

Old 06-18-2010, 03:28 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I found these the other day on the internet...pricey, but BBK makes long tube headers for the V6 which adds 33 hp to the wheel. The website for BBK said that it is a plug and play setup that includes the holes for the oxygen sensors. The 2010 V6 is only putting 217 hp at the wheel stock so with the 33 extra horses and 40 more lb-ft of torque it seems like a nice upgrade...only downside is it cost $900 for these headers.

Old 06-19-2010, 02:34 AM
Default i got a camaro

I forgot about this thread. I got an ls1 rs package. Itraded in my gt and used some money and its paid off. It's black and I removed the red rs logos and made the chevy bowe ties black. I love it.

Old 06-19-2010, 04:30 PM
November 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Congrats !! pic's ??

Quick Reply: Need some opinions to help me bring things into perspective