2010+ General
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2 ONLY???? WHY WHY WHY??

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 04:54 PM
Default RE: LS2 ONLY???? WHY WHY WHY??

For the SS model they should put in the 502/8.1L that they put in some of the trucks but make a performance version of it.

Old 09-06-2006, 04:31 AM
3rd Gear Member

Give the Camaro all the engines that chevrolet makes as available options. It won't do a thing to Corvette sales. "vettes have Their following and Those guys will only drive Vettes. Back in the Day ( 1969 ) anything that went into a vette could be had in the Camaro. That was the most successful Camaro ever. Heck, Put in the V6 for Those who want it and Put in the Z06 for the rest of Us. The fellow who said that Corvette was to compete with Mustangs is way off the mark. It's the Camaro that competes with the Mustang, The vette is in a different category, And don't be so hard on the "vette, if it wasn't for the Vette, there wouldn't be a Camaro. Lets keep Our ducks in a row. Chevrolet makes both Cars, right. Nobody else makes real competition for the Corvette. We ( Camaro Guys ) should look to the big brother Corvette for the great car it is. Not a " fiberglass ***** ". What a great Camaro We would have if it was offered with the Z06, Shades of the ZL1 Camaro.

Old 09-12-2006, 02:55 PM

If i were GM there would be a v6 and v8 (ls2) offered. Z/28 would be the handling package. SS would be the power package (ls7). Flame me if you want but i have a degree in marketing and see the most revenue here. I dont see the new camaro with anything more than the ls7 and it really shouldnt. The goal for GM would be to beat the new GT500 with an SS option maybe as early as 2010. The ls7 would give the camaro a 5 hp edge which is just enough for the "More Hp than the GT500" to be the theme for the SS advertisements.

Old 09-28-2006, 03:12 PM
In the Staging Lanes
Default To kill a Mustang

Why do you guys think mustangs are so popular? Because they are EVERY mans car from the person who wants a semi ballsy V6 for looks but cant afford a v8, to an affordable v8 that is pretty fast to a fricken supercharged v8s to kill vipers. They have so many colors, and racing stripes, scoops, the choices are staggering. And they look like old mustangs. If you want the camaro to last you must be able to make one for everyone. If you just make it for a small niche market there is no way it can compete with the mustang. They are selling like **** and drugs. Lets face it chevrolet CAN and has done incredible things for their car line up, but they also have done some dumb things, like the stupid *** aveo, and HHR. OMG they are gay. Not to mention their avalanche... gee lets put black plastic as our styling feature. Where did the good old days where you had chrome, and sheet metal, and almost every car was cool and had a big V8. Your grandma could burn out in her grocery getter! And mustangs are capturing that old image once again. No wonder it sells! I love the new Z06 and its a move in the right direction, but the camaro needs to be different. I think it should have a V6, a V8 and a BIGGER V8! The styling and power (ls2) is there, but we also need to open it to a more vast market... like the v6 crowd and the viper crowd... can u say ls7 or ls9? Then everyone will buy one and you can be sure that we wont have to get rid of the camaro nameplate AGAIN any time soon.

Old 11-27-2006, 03:56 AM

I don't think the Camaro is going to compete against the GTO or the Vette... seeing as how they are made by the same company.

Personally, I'm sick of V6 musclecars. It's so rare that I see a V8 Stang or Camaro. Almost all of them are sixes. It ruins the car's name to have a bunch of soccer moms driving around V6 versions of these cars. Maybe they could have multiple V8s. ****, bring back the 305 and offer it as a second option. They finally offer V8s in the Impalas and Montes, but they are still FWD. I don't get it. Camaro, Mustang, Impala, Monte Carlo: V8, RWD, period. GM has plenty of other cars for consumers concerned with economy. People who aren't interested in performance have no business buying cars with these names. GM should bring back the Chevelle, since Dodge is now bringing back the Challenger. GM should also bring back the Caprice, while they are at it.

Just my two cents.

Old 11-27-2006, 05:59 PM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: Caddylack

I don't think the Camaro is going to compete against the GTO or the Vette... seeing as how they are made by the same company.

Personally, I'm sick of V6 musclecars. It's so rare that I see a V8 Stang or Camaro. Almost all of them are sixes. It ruins the car's name to have a bunch of soccer moms driving around V6 versions of these cars. Maybe they could have multiple V8s. ****, bring back the 305 and offer it as a second option. They finally offer V8s in the Impalas and Montes, but they are still FWD. I don't get it. Camaro, Mustang, Impala, Monte Carlo: V8, RWD, period. GM has plenty of other cars for consumers concerned with economy. People who aren't interested in performance have no business buying cars with these names. GM should bring back the Chevelle, since Dodge is now bringing back the Challenger. GM should also bring back the Caprice, while they are at it.

Just my two cents.
wait didnt they stop makeing the GTO?

V6 muscle cars do make up alot of the mustang/camaro market if they are going to make sales at a resonable price they are going to have to offer them.....Mustangs and Camaro's were offered as cheap cars with big power. They were made for every average person to afford...If you are to look at the market today not alot of people can afford a high powered expensive LS7.....So most of them go to the six wich pushes out pretty good power. I personally <3 my V6 camaro....

And your right the impala carlo should be RWD and offered with a V8..... But still once again they made the move for the average consumer.....personally I hate it.(had to add that in)

Old 03-26-2007, 04:10 PM

i cant see Gm putting the ls7 in the camaro. if Gm plans on putting the ls7 in the camaro they need to step up production of the engine some how. the ls7 is a hand built engine, and only about 30 are built a day. most of these are mated to the Z06 and some are sold to individuals by GM as acrate engine.the base price of aZ06 jumps $21,000 over a base C6, and the price increase has to do a lot with the ls7. the price of the camaro would sky rocket with a ls7 installed. i cant see a $50,000 camaro being built today. for 50 grand i would buy i nicely equipped C6 vette.

Old 03-26-2007, 04:14 PM
4th Gear Member

[sm=signs006.gif]

dead thread buddy...it's ok since it's your 1st post tho

but I agree, LS7 would not be practical

Old 03-26-2007, 11:48 PM

Well said z28west. I obviously concurr. I've had 3 camaros and am going nuts waiting for the 09 ragtop, and I find myself seriously considering a mustang to get me thru, since it will realistically be two years before the 09 sits in my garage. And I am not, nor have ever I been a Ford man....but its about the only option out there right nowfor a fairly fast ragtop, and for a guy who absolutely hates trying to get in and out of a corvette during daily driving chores. And thats why they are selling so well....they really have no competetion. Consequently they are overpriced and Ford must be making a tidy profit on them! GM and Chrysler have made a bad tactical error in leaving this segment of the market to Ford alone.

Old 03-29-2007, 07:38 PM
Dominos Puck
New Formula! Now with 10% more Win!

I test drove a bunch ofcamaros (and a couple offirebirds) before I bought mine. A lot of them were V6's. Then, one fine day, I test drove a 1993 Z28 on a used car lot that had 206,000 miles on it (actually looked pretty dang good too). When I drove that car, I was like DAAAYUM. I had never been blown away and so impressed driving a car like that before. My heartwas still pumping 30 minutes later when I got home. All the V6s I drove felt like the engine was chugging just to lug car around. Plus, all the trannies seemed kinda rough when they shifted to second. Whenever I drove past a camaro with a for sale sign I'd get all excited, only to find out that about 9/10 of them were V6s - I kept on driving on past.

I'm sure some of y'all have your V6 modded to dish out some pretty good hp, but for an american sports (muscle) car, I see no other substitute for the sound and feel ofV8 (I'm not talking strictly hp either). I say screw the V6 for the new camaros, and get a cobalt if you want fuel economy and a lower price. Although, 500hp sounds like overkill to me.