Looking for an advice about 2010 Camaro SS

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2023, 11:22 PM
Exclamation Looking for an advice about 2010 Camaro SS

Hi everyone,
I am looking for an advice about 2010 Camaro SS.

I have decided to buy 5th generation of Camaro long time ago and finally found one. I went to take a look at it, everything was fine until when we were parking the car after test drive and a warning message showed up that said Stabilitrek Service.

The car has around 31k miles, the owner said it had been sitting for a long time and he filled up with 93 octane gas before test drive (he said he used that gas always). THe car does not have any modifications, only mufflers were deleted. The owner said he connected a scanning device and did not find any codes about that message.
I ma not very familiar with this generation. Does anyone know how bad it is and What I can expect from the car after purchasing it?

Should I even consider to buy it after that warning message?

Thanks everyone for helping!

(just random photo from the internet)

Old 12-14-2023, 06:24 AM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I would not discount the car completely. See if you can take the car to the local Chevy dealer. To get it checked out. It may cost you $150 but you could have them check out the rest of the car. If the car has been sitting they can be a little temperamental or it could be something simple like a speed sensor.

This is a 14 year old GM product. You should expect some issues even if this issue is a non-factor. There are a lot of things on a car that cause problems that are time related. Some sensors, wiring and connectors can be more time sensitive then they are miles sensitive.

As for the scan tools, that can be a little confusing. Scan Tools have different abilities. When it comes to non-chevy supported scan tools you could even have the right scan tool but you do not have the right software unlocked to see histories. There is almost always a cost with each feature because GM charges a licensing fee per unit. Perfect example would be a snap on scan tool. They are awesome but if you do not have all the features enabled for GM it may not be any better then the scan tool you buy at Autozone . Its been my experience that to track down the history of a non-emission issue requires a professional level scan tool. If the lite was on somewhere there is a history as to why it was on. If not then that may be a bigger issue then the light coming on or the system has be cleared of information. I am not sure what year they started but my wifes 2014 Transvers reports any errors to an online data base that a tech can see. I have my GM log in and I can look at it myself. If there is a hard set code I get an email.

Old 12-16-2023, 01:29 AM

Thanks Gorn! I appreciate your advice!
Yeah, I think the best way just to take it to a local GM dealership. I have already booked time and date.