2010+ General
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If GM doesnt bring over the Holden Commodore ute as a rebadged El Camino anytime soon

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 02:38 AM
Angry If GM doesnt bring over the Holden Commodore ute as a rebadged El Camino anytime soon

I just may have to settle for this. Would be hell of a project and a sure head turner.

Anything close to this, I'll take it.

Old 10-18-2011, 08:20 AM

November 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club
Ride of the Month Director

"If GM doesnt bring over the Holden Commodore ute as a rebadged El Camino anytime soon"

then it will be a sign that GM is making better business choices. Thank God the El Camino is gone.

LOL

Old 10-18-2011, 09:39 AM
Tech Droid

That thing was useless as a car and even more useless as a truck.

Old 10-18-2011, 11:29 AM
3rd Gear Member

I'd rock an Ute so hard.

Old 10-18-2011, 11:45 AM
August 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by Failed Devices
I'd rock an Ute so hard.
x9083745982374587385394

The guy I race with has one, it gets a ton of looks everywhere we go and runs neck and neck with me!!!

Name:  296799_2227569201127_1004707179_32072717_414695176_n.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  69.6 KB

Old 10-18-2011, 01:01 PM

November 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

no doubt they can be built. they are chevys... but there is absolutely no one that looks right in one, AND there is no reason that a 23 foot vehicle, should have such a short uncomfortable cab.

Mullets (whether hair or car) are no longer acceptable.

Old 10-18-2011, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by BudBrown
no doubt they can be built. they are chevys... but there is absolutely no one that looks right in one, AND there is no reason that a 23 foot vehicle, should have such a short uncomfortable cab.

Mullets (whether hair or car) are no longer acceptable.
They are still being built over there in Australia as Holdens, I practically fell in love with them on my visit with family over there. We had the Pontiac GTO/G8 (Both Holdens), one more little sample of Aussie autos couldn't hurt

I post over there on GM Insider, they are "mulling" over the decision, not yet set in stone. The Holden Commodore (those Aussie El Caminos) are due for a new generation in 2014, so who knows if GM will convert them to LHD, slap Chevy badges on it and see if it would sell.

I know they are next to useless as being "real" trucks, but I think of it as a utility sports car. Something that can run with Camaros and Mustangs but carry all the stuff in the back. Business in the front, party in the back.

This all the convincing anyone would ever need
Pauls Supercharged VE Maloo - YouTube

Pauls Supercharged VE Maloo - YouTube

Old 10-18-2011, 03:15 PM

November 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by GoBetter
They are still being built over there in Australia as Holdens, I practically fell in love with them on my visit with family over there. We had the Pontiac GTO/G8 (Both Holdens), one more little sample of Aussie autos couldn't hurt
yes it could... GTO was cool G8 was coolish, I liked it but the Charger is a sedan, now the GTO lets not push it.

I post over there on GM Insider, they are "mulling" over the decision, not yet set in stone. The Holden Commodore (those Aussie El Caminos) are due for a new generation in 2014, so who knows if GM will convert them to LHD, slap Chevy badges on it and see if it would sell.
It will sell a few... just like it did when they brought it out the last time. The Ute and the SSR are the same platform. Gm will be stupid, and make it even uglier and then charge way to much while they throw a POS 6cyl (not a tuned one, but one of their lower end ones) in there and make it "fuel efficient"

I know they are next to useless as being "real" trucks, but I think of it as a utility sports car. Something that can run with Camaros and Mustangs but carry all the stuff in the back.
Yes useless... please do not ever use the bolded phrase again... If you have something in the back you dont need to drive like that. you would never drive that way hauling...

Business in the front, party in the back.
no , just no...

Old 10-20-2011, 12:32 AM
Tech Droid

The definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing and expecting different results. GM tried to sell that sort of vehicle twice, first with the El Camino, and then with the SSR, both times it stopped selling them because the market wasn't there. I hope the new GM has better sense.

Old 10-20-2011, 12:53 AM
2nd Gear member

Originally Posted by z28pete
The definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing and expecting different results. GM tried to sell that sort of vehicle twice, first with the El Camino, and then with the SSR, both times it stopped selling them because the market wasn't there. I hope the new GM has better sense.

Haha nice way to put it. I just watched that movie last night! Not a bad quote.