2010+ General
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I want personal opinions!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 11:30 PM
Default I want personal opinions!!!

I want everyone’s opinions in regards to Chevy's so called final prototype of the 07’ Camaro!!! My personal opinion on this design is that it as if their designers took images of others cars and just merged them into the Camaro! When I first saw the first retro design of Camaro that an Art school student made of the 69’ Camaro; my jaw hit the ground like Jim Carrey in “The Mask.” But when I went to the L.A. Auto and saw what they had on display. I was truly offended as a car enthusiast/collector especially when they say they’re trying to attract potential buyers who were born in the '80s and '90s. Enough of what I think…I want all of your opinions so please choose which one of these cars catches your eye and why?

This is the Art Student’s concept
Name:  sitepic2a4.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  17.3 KB

…and this is Chevy’s
Name:  camaroconcept8oo5pj.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  56.4 KB

Old 02-16-2006, 05:12 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default RE: I want personal opinions!!!

i personally like chevys concept. im not into the whole retro thing that much...so the yellow one looks good and all..but id rather have it part retro part new. like how the chevy concept is. im not saying its perfect or anything though..theres things i wanna change but overall for being just a concept. I would wanna have the front grill from the yellow design. and not make it so much of a block up front...but have it curve around the tires like the yellow concept... so the hood goes up with the wheels then down a little up front. and change those useless side mirrors lol. but i like the lights and the flow of the rest of it. but anyways.. with 400 hp stock that could whip alot of cars a$$es you cant complain. atleast they made it with some *****. and imagine if they make an SS how those numbers would be.

Old 02-19-2006, 03:35 AM

to caddyish for me chevys concept...

wonder why gm is doign so bad thier to damn lazy to be creative...

more retro would help take a chunk out of fords mustang....

personally.... once we hit the 94-02 bodys thats when i started hating camaros... prob the ugliest design... way to bland on the other hand the firebirds were disigned to look so aggressive and mean...

Old 02-22-2006, 01:00 PM

I personally love the new car. I just hope after the car complies with saftey and EPA standards, its a car we'll all still want.

Old 03-06-2006, 01:18 AM

dude as long as GM brings it back. i like the concept more than that art students design but i would be happy with either one.

Old 03-06-2006, 01:31 AM
In the Staging Lanes

The new concept is sweet. Im glad not many ppl like it, that way it wont be like the mustangs. Everywhere I look there is another mustang[:'(]. Well I think the new car looks more like a futuristic battle tank than a '69. I can understand that ppl say it doesn't look retro. As for Horton's drawing, I think they are sweet too.

Old 05-04-2006, 10:09 PM

[:@] I like Kris Horton's aspect. I DO NOT like the front end of the concept that was revealed. I was born in 1980 and it reminds me of the years of Camaros that I did not like. I am very fond of the 1968-69 Camaros. I think that is why I like Kris Horton's concepts much more than GM's. GM will have to have something close to Kris's concept before I will think about buying one of their new Camaros. IF the new Camaro would look like the concept that was actually revealed, I would much rather have what u guys call a Rustang. I was born and raised GM, but there is this "thing" about the new Mustangs that I like a lot.
Sorry to burst anyone's bubble on my first post.
I figured u would like a female's point of view also...along with someone raised in the 80's and 90's.

Old 06-28-2006, 08:02 AM
Overdrive Member

well i like the new camaro concept im just worried how much its going to cost and if they are actually going to make it, the only thing i really dont like is the rear-end, it looks too much like a cobalt/corvette, i personally dont like mustangs but i do have to agree that ford did a good job with it even though just about every car i see is the new mustang

Old 06-28-2006, 06:35 PM
In the Staging Lanes

chevrolets concept iz the best of all the yellow 1 iz 2 childish it says im jus here 2 play instead of get the job done so i like chevys

Old 06-28-2006, 10:54 PM
Overdrive Member

did anyone notice the students design is right hand drive ?

Quick Reply: I want personal opinions!!!