2010+ General
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need more power, who makes a supercharger for this thing?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 09:09 PM
Default I need more power, who makes a supercharger for this thing?

Fun car but being 80hp less and 800lbs more than my Z06 I'm left wanting more...a lot more. Anyone making superchargers for these things yet?

Old 06-16-2009, 09:57 PM
April 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Tony (8 ball) from LS1tech....is putting a magna charger on his. he wants to get to around 600rwhp . he wants driveability and good power without sacrificing to much. They are going to be running tests and posting up various results

Old 06-17-2009, 03:25 AM
1st Gear Member

hennessey has already finished their kit i've seen it in a video on the dyno and it's pretty mean...i don't know if you can buy just the supercharger or who makes it for them but i know that the one that they use makes the gt500 shake in its boots haha

congrats on the ss by the way! it looks nice! can't wait to get mine how long did you have to wait?

Last edited by jnewberr2SSRS; 06-17-2009 at 05:33 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 03:39 AM
1st Gear Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNcZeqG082A

check out this hennessey video...damn that is one pissed off camaro to say the least hahaha

Old 06-17-2009, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Zoilus
Tony (8 ball) from LS1tech....is putting a magna charger on his. he wants to get to around 600rwhp . he wants driveability and good power without sacrificing to much. They are going to be running tests and posting up various results
Thanks for the info

Originally Posted by jnewberr2SSRS
hennessey has already finished their kit i've seen it in a video on the dyno and it's pretty mean...i don't know if you can buy just the supercharger or who makes it for them but i know that the one that they use makes the gt500 shake in its boots haha

congrats on the ss by the way! it looks nice! can't wait to get mine how long did you have to wait?
Thanks for the info.

I waited about 4 months, just picked it up Monday. What color are you getting?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNcZeqG082A

check out this hennessey video...damn that is one pissed off camaro to say the least hahaha
That's what I'm talking about!!! 559rwhp!!! Thanks for the link.

Old 06-17-2009, 11:22 PM
3rd Gear Member

Not to worried about your warranty then?

Old 06-18-2009, 01:29 AM
1st Gear Member

Okay 4 months isn't bad...That's kind of what i'm expecting to wait now. My salesman told me it might take up to 6 months but i'm kind of estimating that realistically and hopefully it will be about 4 months for me too...

It's a black 2ss rs with a sunroof...I can't wait...How does it handle and respond? I know you're looking for more power since you also have a zo6 but is it still a beast?

I haven't gotten a chance yet to even drive one but I'm going from a v6 Mustang so I'm expecting a BIG difference enough to scare me a little actually You think it will disappoint?

Old 06-19-2009, 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by GMDCAMARO
Not to worried about your warranty then?
I'll put 5000+ miles on it before I do it. At that point I'm comfortable with no warranty on a Chevy small block motor.

Okay 4 months isn't bad...That's kind of what i'm expecting to wait now. My salesman told me it might take up to 6 months but i'm kind of estimating that realistically and hopefully it will be about 4 months for me too...

It's a black 2ss rs with a sunroof...I can't wait...How does it handle and respond? I know you're looking for more power since you also have a zo6 but is it still a beast?

I haven't gotten a chance yet to even drive one but I'm going from a v6 Mustang so I'm expecting a BIG difference enough to scare me a little actually You think it will disappoint?
Black...very nice! It handles and drives great, it is so quiet and smooth. 100 feels like 70.

You won't be disappointed at all, this car is a beast. Did you get the 6 speed?

What year V6 Mustang do you have now?

Old 06-19-2009, 02:50 AM
1st Gear Member

yeah i went with the 6 speed...i'm a little rusty with manuals but i refused to buy an automatic ss...i'm still young so driving a manual is more fun and not too much of a hassle for me so i know i'll enjoy it a lot more...

i have an '05 mustang v6 right now...it's automatic (which is why i want a manual now) and extremely suped up...i did everything short of a supercharger on this car (4.10 gears, MMR cold air system, catback dual MAC exhaust with reverse y pipe, JBA silver ceramic shorty headers, underdrive pulley, bigger throttle body, throttle body spacer, bosche ignition wires, screamin' demon coil, and SCT2 tune) but nothing compares to a healthy v8 to start with paired with a fun manual transmission...my mustang is a beast for a 6er but i can't wait for the ss

it's gonna be my first brand new car because i got the stang with about 12,000 on her...so i'm also excited that my first brand new car gets to be the ss

Old 06-19-2009, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by witdogg
Fun car but being 80hp less and 800lbs more than my Z06 I'm left wanting more...a lot more. Anyone making superchargers for these things yet?
I can totally relate. I think for us the first think will be a new exhaust and CAI, then new wheels. After that, may be a supercharger!

Name:  Diannes-Camaro1.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  45.2 KB

Quick Reply: I need more power, who makes a supercharger for this thing?