2010+ General
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I just had a breakthrough!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 11:16 AM
2nd Gear member
Default I just had a breakthrough!

So i was looking at the front grill and noticed that this will be the first model that they have the chevy bowtie on it. I don't know quite what it is, but It looks to toyish in my opinion. They should really go back to the heritage, red white blue vertical bars. just my 2 cents... what do you guys think.

Old 01-27-2008, 12:07 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: I just had a breakthrough!

ORIGINAL: Goodfella

So i was looking at the front grill and noticed that this will be the first model that they have the chevy bowtie on it. I don't know quite what it is, but It looks to toyish in my opinion. They should really go back to the heritage, red white blue vertical bars. just my 2 cents... what do you guys think.
First Chevy model to have a bowtie on the grill or first Camaro to have a bowtie on the grill?? Wrong on both counts, as far as Camaros with a bowtie on the grill you can find that back in 1969. The photochopped red/white/blue bar emblem I saw on another site looked hideous! I'll take my 2010 Camaro with a Z/28 emblem offset to the right with nothing in the center of the grill.
Clyde

Old 01-28-2008, 05:02 AM
In the Staging Lanes

I'm a Chevy man and I love that bowtie.

Old 01-29-2008, 12:57 AM
2nd Gear member

all the new chevy cars have that bulky gold bowtie! i dont think its very appealing. of course they started out with it on in the early models, but then gm came out with different logos for most of their cars: corvette, monte carlo, camaro, firebird, grand national, etc.... "just my 2 cents"

Old 02-06-2008, 02:17 PM
May 2008 ROTM

ORIGINAL: Goodfella

all the new chevy cars have that bulky gold bowtie! i dont think its very appealing. of course they started out with it on in the early models, but then gm came out with different logos for most of their cars: corvette, monte carlo, camaro, firebird, grand national, etc.... "just my 2 cents"
As much as i love the bowtie, I love the Camaro badge even more.... Im not sure how it would look on the new one though.... The bowtie is definetly....... bold on the new Camaro...

The only issue I have with the new Camaro is the mirrors. I really hate them.

Old 02-06-2008, 04:40 PM
2nd Gear member

Large plastic toyish badges seem to be a fad now. I hadnt really paid attention but I was behind an f-150 today and holy crap that is a huge ford emblem.....

Old 02-06-2008, 10:07 PM
May 2008 ROTM

ORIGINAL: red94v6

Large plastic toyish badges seem to be a fad now. I hadnt really paid attention but I was behind an f-150 today and holy crap that is a huge ford emblem.....
Ughh. Stuff like that is so tacky. I like the Camaro emblem... its clean and classy... They shouldnt mess with a good thing -IMO

Old 02-06-2008, 10:12 PM
2nd Gear member

x2. I think they're alright on the front of trucks, but the backs and the front ends of cars don't need them. I think the new Camaro looks alright with it though. I kind of wish they hadn't made the grill so much of a V shape, but other than that I don't have any complaints about the design.

Old 02-06-2008, 10:12 PM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: CMRO GRL

Ughh. Stuff like that is so tacky. I like the Camaro emblem... its clean and classy... They shouldnt mess with a good thing -IMO
x2, old school camaro badges FTW

Old 02-06-2008, 10:28 PM
3rd Gear Member

When I bought my car, I was amazed to find no bowtie emblems on it at all. The only bowtie I ever saw was in the camaro symbol. And It was impressive. It says somthing. It says the team that designed this car gave it more than just a company badge. They gave it its own badge, its own heritage. It was somthing chevy could be proud of.

Oh and BTW, I did find a bowtie. If you look under your hood, in the heat sheilds there is a bowtie.