2010+ General
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 10:25 PM
Default How?

do you guys afford to buy these new fifth gen camaros? what the heck do you do for a living if u dont mind me asking, sorry if thats too personal. I would love to be able to even buy a USED one in a couple years, but YEA RIGHT. the cheapest one, a fully UN loaded lt at the dealership in my town is 33k. thats not to mention the taxes, title fees, insurance, ect. plus the gas, especially in the v8 models.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:26 AM
1st Gear Member

No it's not too personal for me...I love talking about my business. It's been "my baby" ever since I started it...

I'm the founder, president, and owner of a consulting firm that designs customizable software for high-end business professionals who wish to learn Spanish in its entirety because I believe that for business and marketing purposes in an international marketplace you must know the language in its entirety (good, bad, ugly, improper, proper, contemporary, archaic, etc...) because it can have serious bottom line effects for those who don't know how to employ the local language and dialect correctly (miscommunication of intended message in marketing can be disastrous, especially in a second language [take, for instance, an anti-dairy group that was trying to convince Spanish-speaking school children in Florida not to drink milk {this was a case I studied in one of my marketing classes, I don't know why they were targeting children or why they were so against milk lol} and they consulted with a Spanish speaker of a different dialect than that of the target audience [school children], the majority of whom spoke a Cuban dialect of Spanish, and the slogan was "Eche la leche (toss out the milk)." but in that particular dialect that phrase has a sexual implication and the group had no idea of what they had construed to the children and it was disastrous for them]. So there are always big consequences for not knowing how to employ a foreign language correctly in an ever globalizing market and society (regardless of whether you like the fact that the market and society is continuously globalizing)...Furthermore, our philosophy is that the high-end market to which we cater is particularly concerned with having competence along with confidence in their verbal and writing abilities in Spanish just as they have counted on a significant amount of confidence and competence to get where they are in their careers. We customize the software to keep the learners engaged and entertained and mix the psychology and science of different learning styles and personalities with learning strategies because some people are auditory learners, while others are visual learners, while others learn by doing, etc...And finally with the language learning aspect of my company we focus on the local slang/dialect of Spanish that our clients are most interested in learning because I don't know how many other people in this forum speak Spanish or another language but different dialects are quite different (Spanish from Spain is quite different from Spanish from Mexico, and so on...)...So by consulting with our clients about where they plan to expand operations, or live, or do business in, we fit our program to their needs in terms of the dialects of those markets so that they can effectively and quickly obtain complete fluency and confidence in order to conduct meetings, write correspondences, and develop Spanish language marketing plans and slogans in their specific market(s)...

And beyond that my company also offers professional translation services and Spanish-English/English-Spanish editing services along with conducting market research for clients that are interested in some Spanish-speaking market and, if desired, we can develop a comprehensive marketing "plan of attack" to either enter into or regain a certain Spanish-speaking market. And finally we consult for basic Latin American entry strategies to help companies that don't fully understand what it takes to go international and what they will face in terms of cultural and language barriers, import/export barriers in the form of trade agreements and tariffs, local political considerations, and cost benefit analysis of such a move (beyond financial repercussions of such a move there will most likely be other considerations that the company will face both in the host and home country).

Additionally, I'm a full-time college student on a full-ride Presidential scholarship (actually they pay me to go to school) finishing my Bachelor's of Business Administration Degree in International Business Management with a a concentration in Latin America and a minor in Spanish...I'm also certified by the Instituto Cervantes (department created by the Spanish Government in the 90's) for their highest level of Spanish fluency (Nivel Superior)...I taught myself how to speak Spanish growing up as I had many friends who spoke Spanish and anyone who hears me speak Spanish thinks I am a native speaker because I have no "white" accent whatsoever and I speak with a Mexican dialect (particularly Chihuahuan dialect)...So I decided to get my minor in Spanish because it's one more good thing to have on my records for future plans...

So yes...I'm only 21 but figured that if I'm a business student why shouldn't I already have my own business if this is what they're supposed to be teaching us right? So this last year I started up the company and it's been my baby ever since then

Additionally, I'm an amateur investor, but nothing really out of the ordinary in terms of that so far...

So that's a little about what I do...Oh, I also plan to go into the Air Force as a commissioned officer when I graduate in May because I'd also like to serve our country and I'll get great benefits for higher education, which I will take advantage of and most likely will get my PhD in my field...The Air Force is commissioning me as an officer for having a college degree, so I thought it was a pretty good deal and I get to serve our country so I'll do that and maintain my owning interest in my company while I'm active duty but leave the day-to-day operations and management when I'm away to my friend, who is vice-president of the company...

How about the rest of you guys? This should be interesting to hear the diverse experiences and careers of all us Camaro fanatics

P.S. This wasn't in any way meant to be an advertisement for the company, I was just answering the question as to what I do and explaining exactly what I do always seems to take a while no matter if I'm typing or talking to someone about it lol

Last edited by jnewberr2SSRS; 06-24-2009 at 02:33 AM. Reason: P.S. Clarification - Not meant to be an advertisement guys (and gals) :D
Old 06-24-2009, 12:37 AM
1st Gear Member
Cool

i dont have one but i thought i'd throw in my 2cents... i work at dairy queen!!!! hahahaha

Old 06-24-2009, 05:17 PM
November 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

As far as new car prices are concerned, it's really priced quite competitively.

Old 06-24-2009, 08:15 PM

Drug dealer...