Help!! Dealership is giving me BS run around....

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 08:31 PM

I drove the 05 Mustang GT which had a 4.8L v-8 which shook at idle before I had the alternator replaced, then it was fine. I did just sit in my friend's SS the other night and his SS did seem to do it too, but not to the extent that mine does....Mine is a bit more pronounced. I'm having a friend looking at it soon to see what he says. Hopefully you all wil be right!?! Either way it was the best decision of my life to buy this car! )

Old 06-18-2011, 08:36 PM

Thanks for the responses on here. It's nice to know there are helpful people out there.

Old 06-19-2011, 09:48 PM
2nd Gear member

My dads 2011 mustang did this too. A local guy who is a lifelong mechanic, who said he formerly had worked for Roush, said that the valve seals were most likely bad. He told us he had a new car do this to him before. Have you been checking the oil? If it is low this is a good indication that your camaro is doing the same thing. The seals go bad and let oil that is lubricating the valvetrain into the combustion chambers causing it to smoke. Now my dads mustang is a dohc motor and the camaros are not, but the same principles could possibly apply. Although, As someone else pointed out it could also be a bad head gasket.

Old 06-19-2011, 09:50 PM
2nd Gear member

doohhh i just finish reading the thread and realized you got it fix lol. I wouldnt of thought lifters would have caused it to smoke.

Last edited by greenmachine96; 06-19-2011 at 09:54 PM.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:40 PM

There actually is over-aggressive lifter problems, I have ran into a couple of them.

The lifter is pushing to much oil up the push rods, then it gets ingested by the PCV system.

Gm released a bulletin about it, after checking several other potential issues it directs us to replace all 8 lifters on the affected bank.

Didnt believe it till I seen it...

Old 06-27-2011, 02:10 AM

Too bad I can't post the video of the smoke from the tailpipe. My dealership said my case was the worst they had seen as far as the amount of smoke coming out. Now that the lifters were replace all seems well. )

Old 07-01-2011, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by SSPrincess
I drove the 05 Mustang GT which had a 4.8L v-8 which shook at idle before I had the alternator replaced, then it was fine. I did just sit in my friend's SS the other night and his SS did seem to do it too, but not to the extent that mine does....Mine is a bit more pronounced. I'm having a friend looking at it soon to see what he says. Hopefully you all wil be right!?! Either way it was the best decision of my life to buy this car! )

SSPrincess, I was wondering about the same thing with my ssvert. (sorry, she was named Princess before I saw your screen name).

So, after performing the eprom reset in the link at the end of this post, that shake seems to be gone, or significantly reduced.

Hopefully it's not just my imagination.

Underperforming L99 engine Camaros : problem, diagnosis, and cure | 2011 2012 Camaro ZL1 SS LT Camaro forums, news, blog, reviews, wallpapers, pricing - Camaro5.com » Blog Archive

Old 07-15-2011, 02:05 PM

i am sorry for saying this. You should find out what is wrong with the car and try to make the problem worsen! and bring it back to the dealer and tell them to replace the whole thing. U are still under warranty right? Tell them they sold you a defective car!!! dont be embarrass about using your loud voice, create tension, screaming if you have to, your best luck is to do it in front of a group of customers! Tell them that the dealer only want your money and once you've bought the car they will ignore you. i tried this and they fixed my problem! make sure when u pick up your car the problem is gone. if not dont accept it. You might have to do this more than 3 times! Sorry!!

This is weird because i didnt think that i would do this. i saw other people did it and thought i would never do such thing. i could resolve it will reason and it turn out that dealers pick on nice people. It is really frustrated when they dont $hit when problem occured!!

Old 07-17-2011, 01:00 PM
In the Staging Lanes

If you don't like one dealer (and I know there are horrid ones out there) find another dealer now. I've discussed this many times since the camaro came out.

I even have a few facebook Camaro friends who's engines blew - so get it corrected early! My FB name is the same as my forum name.

Additionally a call to the Chevy Customer Service 800# could help...and get it escalated if you are not happy....