2010+ General
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GTO

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 10:52 PM
Default RE: GTO

Pontiac should have left a lot of the styling alone when they took the Holden Monaro and changed it to a GTO. Holden pretty much had it right already and Pontiac came along and Grand Am/Prix'ized it. From what I hear, GTO will no longer be imported from Australia but made in the States and GTO and Camaro will be very similar in body and engines almost like a Firebird/Camaro relationship but not quite as close so consequently a redesigned GTO will debut the same time the new Camaro's come out. Honestly, unless the GTO's redesign is totally kick-*** I don't think it will impact Camaro. The GTO that's out now isn't selling that well as is.

Old 02-16-2006, 01:34 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Z_TwentyEight

Show me another 400 hp sports car that starts at $32,000
That's what's great about it. We got our '04 with the supercharger, exhaust, aftermarket hood and dealer option wheels for just under $34. Why you may ask? The '05s were just starting to hit the lots and they had reduced the price of this one to the price of an '05 basically. We couldn't turn down 75 extra ponies and 85 extra ft-lbs for the same price.

ORIGINAL: red94v6

although the new gto's are definately bland in styling, they are in fact rather nice as a sports car.
Isn't that what makes it a GTO? The nondescript look with a lot of power? I know that's what we love about it.

Old 02-19-2006, 03:43 AM

i had a pic of a GNX concept looks like a GTO little smaller it seemed with some flares on its side hot car

Gto could use some restyling other wise i would kill to own one... its called after market body kits jjez as long as its nothing ricey

Old 02-22-2006, 12:55 PM

ORIGINAL: 85Camarodude

whats the point in buying the car if u arent gonna drive the thing? its a beast, drive it like one and enjoy it
I couldn't agree with you more! Why preserve a car for someone else to drive. When that new Camaro comes out I'm going to drive it!

Old 02-22-2006, 06:32 PM

idk if you all know prob do that the GTO was a limited model not to be produced for like 10 years... they are officially ending it...
:/ to bad such potential in that car

Old 03-01-2006, 01:47 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Aleropwnz
GTO was a limited model not to be produced for like 10 years... they are officially ending it...
Depends on who you ask if it has been canceled or not. If you are curious, you can always visit the other website I am a member of (for GTO purposes anyway): www.ls1gto.com.

Old 03-02-2006, 02:07 AM

ORIGINAL: HaloNick

ORIGINAL: Aleropwnz
GTO was a limited model not to be produced for like 10 years... they are officially ending it...
Depends on who you ask if it has been canceled or not. If you are curious, you can always visit the other website I am a member of (for GTO purposes anyway): www.ls1gto.com.
I wish they'd keep the GTO and cancell the SSR!.................What a waste![>:]

Old 03-02-2006, 04:32 PM
Senior Administrator
February 2012 ROTM
May 2012 ROTM

according to GMinside news, they are cancelling the GTO for about 12-24 months. the only reason is that the new platform is not ready, and GM only signed a 3 year agreement with Holden.

Old 03-08-2006, 08:59 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nj85z28

according to GMinside news, they are cancelling the GTO for about 12-24 months. the only reason is that the new platform is not ready, and GM only signed a 3 year agreement with Holden.
True they did only have a three-year contract. The real question, not to get sidetracked about a diferent model than the Camaro, is if they will make a new GTO here in the states. Personally I don't think it will happen. Besides I have also heard that they will not make a Firebird version when they bring out the Camaro. That leaves one to speculate if they will can Pontiac in the next decade or so.

Old 03-08-2006, 11:52 PM
Senior Administrator
February 2012 ROTM
May 2012 ROTM

no, i do believe there will be a new gto based on the zeta platform