Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 09:05 AM
In the Staging Lanes
Default Does anyone know....

The release date for the new Camaro?

Old 12-05-2007, 02:55 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Does anyone know....

There has been no official "release date" given, what has been said by various people at Chevy is should be available at dealers in first quarter '09 (Jan., Feb. or March).
Clyde

Old 12-11-2007, 02:58 PM

per AutoBlog, production will begin Feb 16, 2009.
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/12/04/e...s-february-09/

That's a full year after Challengers hit the streets. Sucks to love Camaros right now. Both cars were revealed at NAIAS on the same day. Why is it taking Chevy a full year longer???

Old 12-20-2007, 12:14 PM
1st Gear Member

gives me more time to save up to give a good dwn paymnt.. im deff planning on getting me one of those babys

Old 12-20-2007, 05:03 PM
3rd Gear Member

I think they are pulling our leg on the date. The car is already in prototype stage so it's right around the corner. Pontiac is going to have the G8 come out next year and if I remember right it based on the same chassi as the Camaro right?

Old 12-20-2007, 06:58 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LT1RUNNER

I think they are pulling our leg on the date. The car is already in prototype stage so it's right around the corner. Pontiac is going to have the G8 come out next year and if I remember right it based on the same chassi as the Camaro right?
That might be a reasonable assumption IF the plant where the new Camaro is being built was not going through a complete "makeover". Production has recently stopped there,most of the existing assembly line is being torn out, then brand new equipment is being installed. When completed, Oshawa will be a completely new "flex line" assembly plant capable of building multiple different models on the same line, i.e. they could build Camaros, Impala, Malibu, etc. all on the same line at the same time.
Clyde

Old 12-23-2007, 11:55 PM

"Official" release date to GM dealerships is September 2009. The date was recently pushed back. We were in the day before yesterday to test drive a z06 and finalize the papers on my mom's new Tahoe and I talked to the owner. He's always set me pretty straight before.

Old 01-14-2008, 02:50 PM
In the Staging Lanes

The "release date" pisses me off because the challenger is coming out in about a month. Like browndawgdudesaid, they were both revealed at NAIAS on the same day. I can't wait to see the new camaro's out on the streets.

Old 01-24-2008, 07:28 PM

I don't know any offical dates, but We make all of the windows for the camaro, where i work and we already have all of the tooling for the new camaro. We have already ran some small runs of the new camaro windows. We wouldn't have all of the tooling and be running parts if the new camaro was still a year out or more. When the 4th gen camaro came out we had the tooling and was running sample runs about 8 months before I seen any in the showrooms. So from that I would say we will be running full production on the new camaro windows this summer and the car will be out this fall.