Dealerships that just don't care!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 02:17 PM
Thumbs down Letter and phone call from Grossman Chev

OK, I entered our info into a "Find your car" website- can't remember which one looking for an in stock base camaro a few days ago. I typed in my trade car, the old vette...

Already I've had 2 to offers to sell my Vette for for me. But more interestingly is the 3 local dealerships either call (twice) or email (a few times) on their internet sales- offers, incentives for me to come in and buy that new car! FROM Toyota, Nissan, and Subaru. Nice places, but none of them can get me the Camaro. Instead I have to deal with people who are sick of the hype already... This is why they can't sell any cars.

OH, this salesjerk who didn't want to help me at Grossman Chev sent my WIFE a letter in the mail ...saying how it was nice to meet her and talk with her, and how he wantsa to get her in that new car, etc... Nothing about ME???

She laughed, because she didn't say but a few words the whole time. I remember her saying "You are NOT trading-in my HONDA!" and that's it. He doesn't even mention me at all! Then he calls her and asks to be her next choice for a car purchase. She said no thanks and hung up. WTF?

I would be ready to wait until a used one falls into a Nissan or Honda dealerships USED LOT (a few more years) before buying from this jerk.

To be fair, I've been treated like **** at most dealerships. So I guess it's all personal experience. But the ones who actually cared and were excited about the last 3 new cars we bought got our business! Only makes sense.

Anyone up here order from Walser Chev yet? I want a salesperson who knows what they're doing when I do buy, not some old rookie who hasn't figured it out yet.

Old 06-11-2009, 02:28 PM
2nd Gear member

wow they really suck at the dealership you went to. its a shame that you are looking at buying a new car and they cant even pull their heads out of their asses to do it

Old 06-12-2009, 12:09 PM
Angry Prime example just landed in my email box!

This is the email I just got!
Hello Joey,
Thank you again for the opportunity to earn your business. I wanted to know if you had a chance to look over the quote I sent you a few days ago on the 2010 TOYOTA PRIUS. It is very important to me that you have the information that you need to make an informed decision on your vehicle purchase.
Please let me know when you would like to stop in for a test drive, or if you have any questions.

Sincerely, Mike
Scion Manager + Internet Sales

Your friend at Burnsville Toyota & Scion

If he could sell me a Camaro, I'd have my down payment placed!

Instead- with a little searching on the GM inside news Forum, I went to the EMPLOYEE forum... where I found this thread-titled "
tired of bottom feeders" which explains things more clearly for me, about the problems GM is having.

tired of bottom feeders

I am an internet manager at a dealership (which due to the nature of this post I will keep to myself). I treat all of the customers like they have 900 credit scores with 90% down who's presence I should feel honored to be blessed with and I work from a great starting point in my head. I have thick skin and can take it when I find out otherwise.

What is frustrating me is the number of people thinking that GM is going bankrupt so I should sell them a car/truck not only below invoice but well below holdback and everything else.

Something else that is frustrating me are the number of customers that believe GM owns the stores that are being closed. The news media isn't getting stories out and the public doesn't understand that GM only owns the sign out front and the genisis box inside (used for training).

The number of customers that have told me in the past month that something is better than nothing and I should take their offer or lose their business and money all together is unbelievable. I want to ask these people if they go into walmart or another department store, shop the the clearance rack and ask for additional discounts? Just because coke pulls their brand from a store doesn't mean that the store ahs to close.

I have had more than one customer tell me, I should not be making a penny profit because GM as a whole is losing money. Does that sound fair?

I am looking for some encouragement, some newsletters stating how dealerships are privately owned, something to tell customers.

I'm sorry for going off on a rant.
XXXXX

This is the same treatment they gave to us in 1999 when we tried to buy a new Chevy Cav. They wanted almost $16,900 for everything. Would NOT give us a deal because they said they didn't have to. They lost us as a customer.
Instead we bought one from the Honda used lot with 14,000 miles on it -for almost half the price! $9,999- And it lasted us 190,000 miles-

We went back to this Grossman chev, in '05 to get an Impala SS -maybe a used one?- GET THIS! $800 for our Cav. for trade? No deals for loyalty- etc...
Nope. Instead they said

"We can get you into this new Chevy Tracker for $26K! -but you don't qualify for any new impala" ..Not even the base impala? WTF

So we looked at a used dodge intrepid on their used lot- the guy started running the numbers- we took a test drive and said Yeah, we'll take it... Even strapped the baby seat in... We sat for 1/2 hour while finance talked to our guy- as another couple took off and came back in it- they set our carseat out on the sidewalk, and the salesman came back and said- "Sorry it's sold"

We left and were in a new car in 2 hours... Wife bought a brand new Honda Civic with 7 miles on it! I bought a used Si a few months later! Great SERVICE and Dealership- but they can't get me a Camaro! So I'm going to have to find a good honest Chevy dealer (Are they out there?).

So you see why GM and their so called "stealerships" eventually went bankrupt.
Saddest part is they still havent changed.

People WANT to buy GM's... But they are treating some Preordering customers on the Camaro like crap, and not getting cars out to their loyal base, but throwing it out in showrooms, and their neighbors already have one!

....Screw 'em!
I'm ready to buy the prius

dealerships- ...

by the way- I'm kidding about the prius. LOL!

Last edited by BaseLS; 06-12-2009 at 05:45 PM.
Old 06-13-2009, 05:54 AM
In the Staging Lanes

I hear you and have had similar experiences. There are good dealers out there but some will tell you what you want to here.
GM dealers would be wise not to mark up the car. Wait until all the rental Camaros start cropping back after next year or when a person who paid 42000 for a loaded V6 'r can get only 17999 for his car that has 16000 miles on it.

Old 06-13-2009, 11:28 AM
In the Staging Lanes

yes you should wait. I have seen it happen with the 2005 mustang, viper, prowler, PT Cruiser, ford GT.

THE dealers have them mark up so high now but in oct, there price will fall because they don't want to have those cars sitting over winter, try some of the dealers up north in oct.

Old 06-13-2009, 12:06 PM
Thumbs up

Thanks guys. After reading 10 pages of "Proud New Owners!" and their 2010's, I saw the problem is not GM, they made a great car. It's my salesmen.

I did talk to a friend at work who knows the guy who owns a dealership a few counties over, and he said this guy is not going out of business, and is the trusted "Corvette guy" around there. He said he couldn't get me a deal, but the guy wouldn't screw me over either!

So I may be placing an order sooner than I thought. We'll see.... Wife thinks I won't be happy until I get one. And she knows me better than myself!

Until I order one... Take care everyone and thanks for the info and help! I'll be lurking, and drooling in the corner!

Old 06-15-2009, 06:46 AM

YEP!
I drove by the dealership to show my daughter last night... Only a small line up of corvettes and some trucks are left. The rest of the lot WAS EMPTY! And best of all- The $28,590 LT/RS they had, but wouldn't sell me...
is still sitting there... GET THIS!

With a $27K Sales RED TAG Sticker in the window!

Sitiing right next to it was a Cyber Gray Metalic SS
LOL- ALREADY DISCOUNTED? when they could of had me in it a week ago at MSRP!

COMPLETE FAIL on this dealerships part-
I'm thanking God that they went out of business, and I won't have to ever deal with them again. Thanks for listening to my nightmare!

Old 06-21-2009, 12:49 PM
wfo

It is frustrating no doubt. But, find another Dealer. There's always going to winners and losers. Too bad you had to deal with a loser.

Old 06-21-2009, 01:56 PM
November 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

We know why they're going out of business

Old 06-22-2009, 03:38 AM
2nd Gear member

Look elsewhere for a dealership, I hear conflicting stories all across America