2010+ General
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cant Decide On SS Colors!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 11:47 AM
Default Cant Decide On SS Colors!

Hey guys, New to these forums oldie to mustang forums. I was sure set on buying a new 2010 ford mustang until of course I saw the concept car in the movie Transformers. I needed to know more. I've read and seen every movie on chevrolet canada and chevrolet usa that there is and I'm amazed at the starting price and size of engine there putting in there. The fact that the fully loaded SS (manual) is gonna be only 4 grand more the the fully loaded ford mustang Bullet and have 100 more horse power and torque blew me away. Unless ford brings out a new engine or something that will suck me back I'm definately going for the new camaro ss. I've got 1 year left on my loan to pay off my current mustang and I think this switch is gonna be great. However I cannot decide on the colors! I have the pdf for the camaro information open all the time and I dont understand why either the Imperial Blue Metallic or the Aqua Blue Metallic (my most favored color) is not available for the SS. Also does anyone know what kind of stipes you can get?

If narrowed down to colors I would choose either the plain Aqua Blue Metallic, Black with Red Jewel Tint Coat stripes, or just Cyber Gray Metallic. I'd rather not just get the Cyber Gray Metallic just because I'm sure that way I'll run in to another Camaro the same color and year like I do with my mustang. If I could get that black and red combination I would be set. I know not everyone favors that combination but its unique and to me looks wonderfull! What colors are you going for? And why is no blue offered with the SS package?!?

Know its a lot to read but thank for answering! Super excited for the new 2010 Camaro.

Old 11-18-2008, 01:18 PM
Default RE: Cant Decide On SS Colors!

I am new to the forum today so if there is a thread on color choices I havent seen it yet. where can I see all of them. Are you saying the blues for the SS are not available. I want a blue SS, just not sure what shade.

Old 11-18-2008, 01:25 PM

Ok, saw them at chevy.com.I'm either gonna go with the iferno orange with white deck stripes or that dark blue with white deck stripes or just plain white.Not sure till I see them in person.

Old 12-03-2008, 10:50 PM

Yea man it says on the camaro PDF file you can upload that the SS does not come with either blue... I'm still not sure what color I want. I really like the red jewel tint coat even though its a little extra it would probably make the car more uncommon. Just if you can put black stripes on the Red Jewel Tint Coat.. theres not a lot of information available in Canada at this point.

Old 12-04-2008, 01:49 AM
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MrNah

The fact that the fully loaded SS (manual) is gonna be only 4 grand more the the fully loaded ford mustang Bullet and have 100 more horse power and torque blew me away. Unless ford brings out a new engine or something that will suck me back I'm definately going for the new camaro ss.

Its Bullitt

And Ford wont becoming out with any new motors anytime soon for the Mustangs. Unlike the F150 which now uses a "Hurricane" series instead of the Triton. Also the 2010 Mustang is supposed to only have 315 horsepower at the engine so you wont be finding any thing to suck you away from the V8Camaro, which has always been a better performing car than the GTs.

Old 12-13-2008, 01:02 PM

O I totally agree with camaro being abeter car but how long will it stay on the production line this time? Or who knows how long Domestic car companies will be around. Yea its a little pre mature but nothings going good for them at this point in time.

Sry for the Bullitt Spelling mistake

Old 12-14-2008, 04:50 AM
4th Gear Member

Yeah, GM as a whole isnt doing too hot so id get a Camaro while they are still a company lol.

Old 12-16-2008, 12:30 AM
3rd Gear Member

I really like Red Jewel Tintcoat, when I get my 5th gen it will definitely be a darker red. Gonna have to wait a while until I get out of college though.

Old 12-18-2008, 11:34 PM
3rd Gear Member

Idk if you guys have seen these pics yet, if you haven't you should definitely take a look at them.

Its in Imperial Blue Metallic, looks a lot like NBM. The IBM pics on the chevy site don't do this color justice.

Check it out. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10696