is that a camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 05:14 PM
Default RE: is that a camaro?

hey hardwire666 did you gorget about the firebird? anyway i think the new camaro is beautiful, it has an old look but it isnt an old looking car if you get what im saying. its looks like a new car but deep down you know its a camaro. and besides the 5th gene resembles the 1st more than the 4th did.

Old 08-23-2006, 08:47 PM

The first time I saw the 67 Camaro I fell in love with it, it was my first new car. I get the same feeling from the concept car I saw at the Toronto Car show this year. I hope GM doesn't screwp and try to change it.
Gordon

Old 08-26-2006, 10:27 PM
2nd Gear member

Hey man, i like the way she looks, although i will admit i love the way that new 08 challenger looks and i'm not a big dodge fan. I do agree they could have but a lil more work in her though, but she ain't as bad as you claim her to look.

Old 09-12-2006, 05:12 AM
In the Staging Lanes

i gotta asy with as much respect as i can, that all u people that hate the new camaro looks are crazy... so ok the front end is a little wack.... but as a whole, i thinks its freakin gorgeous.... when i saw it unveiled at teh LA auto show last year i nearly peed my pants... if u havent seen it in person then u cant judge, its freakin gorgeous in person, a hundred times better looking thatn on paper

Old 09-12-2006, 02:20 PM

Hugger Orange has it right. If you want a 69 camaro then build one. No car maker is going to make the exact same car 40 years later. GM said they took design q's from the 69 which is obvious to me. I dont understand how any camaro nut doesnt see that. The 2009 camaro looks alot more like the 69 camaro then the 2006 mustang looks like the 65 mustang IMO. however the challenger is pretty dead on. the 69 SS is by far my favorite car of all time and i plan to build one soon but if GM puts the LS7 in the new camaro with 505 hp i dont think i will be able to pass it up. I will say that i dont care for the tailpipes on the new camaro. they look like GM Chromed two circles on the bumper (cheap looking). Put those pipes below the bumper and bingo! Good job GM! YOU 2009 CAMARO HATERS ARE F'IN NUTS!

Old 09-14-2006, 02:31 AM
Y2K
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Cpuma2427

I agree with insulentgenie and sshowgun, in my perspective the new Camaro is a disgrace to its name. I would like to know whats was going on in their minds when they decided to call it a Camaro. It definately doesn't look like any Camaro I have seen.
I'm in this camp,new here but had to chime in on this subject.
GM IMHO is asleep at the wheel as it were.
The new Dodge Challanger coming soon shouts classic muscle car and the new Mustangs are sweet looking with classic Mustang style and selling like hot cakes,wake up GM.
I've been a Chevy guy all my life (be 50 in a couple weeks) and we just bought a new Mustang ragtop.
What can I say? it's not like there was a new Camaro to look at and the Mustang is a sweet ride so I had to go blue oval.
Please GM bring me back to the bowtie.
At least it's an American car,I've never owned a foriegn car yet.

I drive my old GM truck when I'm not on the Harley so the car is really the wifey's.

Name:  mustang014.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  183.2 KB

Name:  mustang021.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  191.1 KB

Old 09-14-2006, 02:35 AM
Y2K
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: trigg

Hugger Orange has it right. If you want a 69 camaro then build one. No car maker is going to make the exact same car 40 years later. GM said they took design q's from the 69 which is obvious to me. I dont understand how any camaro nut doesnt see that. The 2009 camaro looks alot more like the 69 camaro then the 2006 mustang looks like the 65 mustang IMO. however the challenger is pretty dead on. the 69 SS is by far my favorite car of all time and i plan to build one soon but if GM puts the LS7 in the new camaro with 505 hp i dont think i will be able to pass it up. I will say that i dont care for the tailpipes on the new camaro. they look like GM Chromed two circles on the bumper (cheap looking). Put those pipes below the bumper and bingo! Good job GM! YOU 2009 CAMARO HATERS ARE F'IN NUTS!
Sorry but I gotta dissagree and the Mustang was taken from the 'second gen '67-'68 cars not 1st gen '64 1/2-'66 and resembles them a great deal.

Old 09-17-2006, 12:06 AM
3rd Gear Member

I like the look of the new camaro although I think they should lose the styling from the 69 and make it a new Camaro I certionally dont think it is a copy as the challanger is. I am a growing a bit tired of the retro styling give us something new like they did with the new vette heck that is my favorite vette out of all of them.

Old 09-17-2006, 02:27 AM
May 2007 ROTM

They got the vette design from the late 70's Vette's

Old 09-17-2006, 10:24 AM
3rd Gear Member

Well someone did a hell of a job improving that one then.