2010+ General
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

is that a camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 12:44 PM
Default is that a camaro?

General Motors!!!! FIRE YOU CONCEPT TEAM!!!!! has any members of this design team EVEN LOOKED AT A 67-69 camaro? it looks like they were playing too many video games and drooling over skylines....cause thats what it looks like. Look, fords are best as boat moorings but the new mustang actually carries the spirit of the 69 mustang fastback in its styling. my brother has restored a 62 impala ss and i a 65 nova coupe and in the process with a 70 chevy k-10 4x4 shortbed. i just bought an aveo (i know its a daewoo) as a get around car. i grew up with chevys, i buy and support chevrolet when i can, but this kills me to see gm in the toilet. no design innovation. how many years to compete with the pt cruiser? mustangs already out. was that a gto or eurocoupe? and now dodge is bringing out the hemi challenger!

alright i *****ed enough. does anyone here, after looking at the mustang and challenger, think gm is cheating us with the new camaro? even a little?

Old 04-11-2006, 08:33 PM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: is that a camaro?

only thing i didnt care for on the unveiling was the front end, but ive seen a couple revised camaro's (i live 10 miles from the GM innovation center) the black SS wich is wicked sweet, and the red and silver one. chrysler and ford dont have a thing on them.

by the way i was driving to work the other day and i saw what appeared to be a prototype el camino, the thing looked awesome, it had kinda like the new monte carlo GFX, but a pointier front end, it had quad exhaust, and awesome rims, with the bed in the back. it had a manufacturer's plate on it and he was turning to go back into the parking lot when i saw him.

Old 04-12-2006, 11:55 AM

thanks for the info! i was a little shocked at what gm unveiled. just seems sometimes that the suits at gm have lost touch with the gm car community, like they forgot or are trying to forget their past. so a new el camino? that would be interesting considering there's no competitor in that market right now. hope it does good

Old 05-21-2006, 02:11 AM
In the Staging Lanes

o shut the hell up u dont even know wut u talkin about the camaro concept looks good so i dont know what u talkin about.

Old 06-10-2006, 09:47 PM

Its all about opinion my freind. Which that is why Im replying myself. Whats going to happen is GM is going to put this thing in production and sell a bunch of them off hand and there will be a sharp decline. Reason being is that (IMO) Camaro fans just want another Camaro no matter how bad it looks and the price. I find it funny that in the forums people say price will make a difference if it will sell or not.Not so, American consumers are impulse buyers and then end up in foreclosure,repo, etc. I think they should not put it in production because when I look at it I see a Cadillac. How dare GM recreate a legend in the likings of a luxury car. Thats blasphemy!!!!! Challenger -looks like muscle the Rustang looks like muscle. NOT THE CONCEPT CAMARO. So before you blast someone for their opinion, think about it.

Old 06-12-2006, 12:48 AM
In the Staging Lanes

i mean the camaro looks good like i said b4 ya kno but price dosnt matter im rich anyway i jus dont look at the prices and get it and my parents pay 4 it later i wont say im spoil jus get wut i want when i want my dad owns the university mall here in tuscaloosa so if u come stop by .

Old 06-18-2006, 07:10 PM

I agree with insulentgenie and sshowgun, in my perspective the new Camaro is a disgrace to its name. I would like to know whats was going on in their minds when they decided to call it a Camaro. It definately doesn't look like any Camaro I have seen.

Old 06-18-2006, 07:23 PM
In the Staging Lanes

ever heard of 5th gen. camaro duh it dont look like a camaro cause its a 5th. gen different look different specs think people think b4 u type

Old 06-19-2006, 02:28 PM

I need a little help. I am going to buy a 78' or 79' Camaro Z28 and was wundrin' if i should get a 4 speed or auto.

Old 06-26-2006, 10:16 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Did anyone see the the lead designer on the new Camaro? He was Japanese! Why the hell would GM put a guy from Japan as the lead designer for the New Camaro; the epitome of AMERICAN muscle?!?! When the car was first revealed they said it was designed after the 69 Camaro. The car looks more like a Cadillac than a Camaro. They could have at least put the signature fender flares that ran straight off the top of the fender that so distinguished the 69 Camaro from other 1st Gen Camaros but nooooo. I really think they screwed this car up. And I pray that they make some major changes to it before its release. A larger grill, square tail lights, 69 style fender flares, or maybe a completely different concept should make it acceptable. If they werent trying to go retro then the car would be more acceptable but they ARE trying to go retro. If the 05 Mustang had stayed the same aas the 04 then I dont think GM would have released it in the first place. And the 05 mustang sells so well because it looks so old. It doesnt look like a car from the year 2150. The Challenger looks amazing because it looks EXACTLY like the old Challenger. I say they fire the designer and start over from scratch. Maybe hire some 50 year old man they meet at a local car show that owns a 69 Camaro. Im sure his idea would be 1000x better.

Compare:
http://www.planetcamaro.com/ccimages/19.jpg Camaro

http://www.cardata.com/2005/cadillac_cts-v.jpg Cadillac