Back Seat hump has got to go!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 03:25 PM
Overdrive Member
Default RE: Back Seat hump has got to go!

Ya know, why not make a four-door Camaro -- Two door cars always have too monstrous of doors anyhow... In lieu of 4-door, lamborghini-style scissor doors that swing upwards vs outwards seem to make a lot more sense so you don't have to be worried about opening your door into a car or other fixed object next to you...

ORIGINAL: AHowe0

Although it is being built on the same platform it also has this thing called 4 doors.

Old 03-30-2008, 03:34 PM
Overdrive Member

Sex? I only said a "better hump"... ;-)

Veyron -- come on! Check out the pricing...

I would say with the Cadillac CTS, you CAN have sporty luxury in one -- my Dad has one -- I've driven it, pretty sweet, and it's RWD. 263 or 304 HP in a V6 (starting at $33,490), and LS2 400 HP available in CTS-V ($53,470 starting). Sure it starts higher than new Camaro pricing, but it is proof you can combine the two with nice results.

So I'm curious if you've driven the CTS or CTS-V, and what you don't like about it -- sports car wise?

ORIGINAL: Spartan66

yeah but lib think of it this way.. are you REALLY going to have sex in a car thats not even 5ft wide in the inside? i have a camaro with trans am seats and they are comfortable as hell man.. i think the rear buckets embrace my buttocks with a loving care that only a mother would give to a baby. Besides its a sports car. if you want a luxury sports car they make like the Vanquish/DB9s and the Veyrons. IMO you cant have luxury and high performance. If they added some length to the corvette and even put in camaro style backseats it would lose its performance look and start to seem like just a regular old sports coupe. I think we should leave the luxury sports design to Audi and what not and stick with what we have.

Old 03-30-2008, 03:36 PM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: libertyforall1776

Ya know, why not make a four-door Camaro -- Two door cars always have too monstrous of doors anyhow... In lieu of 4-door, lamborghini-style scissor doors that swing upwards vs outwards seem to make a lot more sense so you don't have to be worried about opening your door into a car or other fixed object next to you...

Although it is being built on the same platform it also has this thing called 4 doors.
NO. Just NO. Dodge already ruined the Charger by giving it four doors. I think a 4 door Camaro is probably one of the WORST ideas I've ever heard. [:'(]

I LOVE big V8 powered, rear wheel drive sedans, and I think the car that currently carries the name "Charger" is a nice car, but it's not a real Charger. Whoever made the decision to call that car a Charger needs to go play in a bonfire.

Old 03-30-2008, 03:41 PM
Overdrive Member

Hey, why not make a 2 and 4 door version? I mean if they're going to do a turbo 4 banger Camaro, and the more variety will make overall sales higher, thereby reducing the likelihood of another cancellation, I say why not?!

ORIGINAL: itcantbestephen

ORIGINAL: libertyforall1776

NO. Just NO. Dodge already ruined the Charger by giving it four doors. I think a 4 door Camaro is probably one of the WORST ideas I've ever heard. [:'(]

I LOVE big V8 powered, rear wheel drive sedans, and I think the car that currently carries the name "Charger" is a nice car, but it's not a real Charger. Whoever made the decision to call that car a Charger needs to go play in a bonfire.

Old 03-30-2008, 03:45 PM
2nd Gear member

A 4dr version of the Camaro is fine, just as long as it's not called a Camaro.

Old 03-30-2008, 04:33 PM

I was talking about the G8, the reason it has a 3 seater back seat is because it is a 4 door.

Old 03-30-2008, 04:38 PM
2nd Gear member

I like the new G8's. They seem pretty nice.

Old 03-30-2008, 05:21 PM
The Jazz Man
ROTM Winner's Club

Isn't the G8 the line that Pontiac is building the new sport truck out of? I too hate the four doors on the charger. But if you made it a 2 door, it would look stranger yet, especially with the size and body style of the car. Oh well, nothing I'm going to jump off a cliff over.

Old 03-30-2008, 06:11 PM
2nd Gear member

"So I'm curious if you've driven the CTS or CTS-V, and what you don't like about it -- sports car wise?"

I drove one of the new 304 HP direct injection models before buying my Lincoln. To me it seemed like a car that can't decide what it wants to be: it had all the luxury touches, but rode too hard and was too involving of the driver to be a real luxury car; yet it did not perform that well, no better than the Lincoln in a straight line (the Lincoln has 15% less power by weighs 15% less) and not that good around corners compared to, say, a G37 sedan or whatever.

As to luxury and performance, you can have quite a lot of both if you spend enough - witness the Bentley Continental GT. But at some point, and it's just beyond the Bentley's mid-12 second quarter mile, you start having to make sacrifices in luxury if you want more performance, or vice versa: a Ferrari 430 costs about the same as the Bentley but is much faster -- and the fact that it hasleather and power windows and high end sound, etc., does not make it aluxury car. A 'vette, and a lot of F250s, have all those things and they are hardly "luxury cars" although they are certainly "more luxurious" than without them.

Areal luxury (Rolls, Maybach) typically has a good deal of power (to make it perform well without making much noise or providing any signal to the driver it is working hard) but above all else has a smooth, isolating and very quiet ride. It won't handle as well as it could if made for performance, it provides comfort first and minimizes the fuss (involvement) for the driver when he or she wants that.

Old 03-31-2008, 10:39 AM
2nd Gear member

wtf????? four door camaro? what is the world coming to...

Quick Reply: Back Seat hump has got to go!