2010+ General
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Interior Trim?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 06:43 PM
Default 2010 Interior Trim?

Hey guys,

I haven't owned a Camaro in 15 years now, but when a trailer went by the other day carrying 8 vehicles over to the dealership I knew I had to stroll over to the dealership and have a look! Fortunately for me, i am in the market for another vehicle and although i haven't actively started looking, wanted to pick up something heading into spring. I gave up my previous Camaro when kids came along, and now that they are older i can afford a luxury in my life!

Anyhow, went to the dealership today and absolutely love the styling, add in the modern technical aspects and raw horsepower and these things rock.

A item i was not sold on was the interior trim piece that is plastic which wraps around the doors, to the dash and round to the other side. I told the saleman i wish it was a leather strip instead of plastic, he went on to explain that when the car is turned on the piece actually lights up somehow but it has to be dark outside. We turned the key in the ignition to the "on" position, it wasn't however dark enough to see the affect.

I was of course interested in either the RS or SS versions, and sort of leaning towards the SS version seeing it'll be a weekend driver more than a daily commuter. The SS badge is quite small, would have thought they would have highlighted that and placed it front and center of the grille.

Guess if i had a third question, does the car have an option for a built in GPS? In the summer i like to take trips down south and would be silly to have to hang cord all round the dash for an external GPS unit, a built in one just makes things so nice even if they rip you cost wise.

Comments are appreciated.

Old 12-29-2009, 09:29 AM
November 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Technically, the panel doesn't light up...just a strip above it, if you order the IO accent interior trim the strip is orange...as is your gauge pod lighting, otherwise it's blue.

there is a nav system available with the auto trans only, not sure why it's not available on the manual shift.

Old 12-29-2009, 04:15 PM

Thanks for the reply.

I read the brochure from the dealership and no where that I know of did it mention about the GPS, either manual or automatic transmission. And it really doesn't make sense to me that it wouldn't be offered in both. Thanks for letting me know it is available albeit in one version, perhaps not many people really need one. I do a lot of travelling and have gotten so used to my Garmin it doesn't make sense for me personally not to have one built in, don't want to clutter things up running cables as this car is awesome.

I borrow my brothers Porsche in the summer and it's manual and fantastic to drive, so will have to think about how much daily driving i'll be using and make a decision from there. Traffic in the City is just nuts, and moving forward it'll just get worse not better.

I still don't like the plastic door panels, feels cheap for such an awesome car. Any other opinions on them, aftermarket solutions? Leather trim would be fantastic, eventually someone will come up with something.

Chevelle Man, what color car did you pick up?

Last edited by Sudz; 12-29-2009 at 04:17 PM.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:37 AM
November 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by Sudz

Chevelle Man, what color car did you pick up?
IOM just like in the sig pic below

Old 12-30-2009, 05:50 PM
May 2010 ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Nav is on the 6 Spd too, its part of the on star though, probably exactly as on the auto. I think its like $5 a month subscription. You get a free month to play around with it.

Also just ran across some SS badges you can pop out the bowtie and put in its place on the front and back.

And finally, the RS package can be added to any model. Example SS with RS package, that way you get SS power and all the pretty things the RS adds.

Old 12-31-2009, 05:45 PM
May 2013 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I'm almost positive you can't actually get a Camaro with an in-dash navigation screen. OnStar does provide turn-by-turn directions, but there is no actual "navigation system" offered. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 12-31-2009, 08:02 PM

Turn by turn sucks, maybe alright for an emergency at night but apart from that a poor substitute. Might as well use my iphone to get places...lol.

In a single purpose muscle car i guess it wouldn't really matter, but for guys like myself who wish to do weekend long trips in the summer months it would be helpful. Yes you can always use a dash mount Garmin, batteries what they are you'll end up using the power adapter and that just looks terrible and messy if it could be avoided.

A real old school muscle car you wouldn't even want air conditioning...lol.

Old 12-31-2009, 08:19 PM
May 2010 ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club

Well, I have a TomTom too. The one time I used the turn by turn, it got me right to my destination. I actually liked it better than the TomTom, it was much less of a distraction, but I like a map better than either.

The 67 doesnt have AC. lol

Old 01-02-2010, 06:45 PM
November 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I stand corrected on the nav system... I guess because I have never used one and probably never will, I didn't pay attention to the details about it.

Old 01-02-2010, 09:56 PM
May 2010 ROTM Winner
ROTM Winner's Club

I hear ya. I actually needed the turn by turn once during the trial, but only because I decided to try it. I got the TomTom because it was in a car that I had repo'd. Hardly ever use that for anything more than entertainment.

Mapquest is the tried and true for me.

Below is something I was talking about

Quick Reply: 2010 Interior Trim?