2010+ General
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Camaro Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 07:49 AM
Default 2010 Camaro Exhaust

Has anyone heard what the 2010 Camaro ss exhaust sounds like? How does it compare to the C6 Vette? Louder? Quieter?

Old 05-29-2009, 02:07 AM
1st Gear Member

louder than the c6 vette but many still complain about it being "too weak" for their tastes...

the c6 vette has basically a non-existent exhaust tone unless you do aftermarket exhaust and then it really comes to life...

so the camaro actually has a little more presence than the vette but not quite as much presence as say the challenger from the factory...although my 2010 2ss rs won't be in for another 6 months i've been researching the same thing on youtube because i'm very curious about that v8 tone i'm gonna be hearing all the time and from the videos i've seen and listened to on youtube i have to say i can understand where people might be let down by the stock exhaust but i have to say personally that it's at least better than the c6 vette which i have test driven and wondered what was going on with the exhaust lol...

in the videos on youtube you'll notice that it actually starts having a fairly decent hum around 3000 rpms that reminds you of what you're driving hehehe lol

but then again i've seen videos of the ss already with aftermarket exhaust and, well, all i can say is dddaaammmnnnnn lol it sounds nice and really comes to life leaving no doubt to the people who are searching for a little more throatiness and rumbling...

i guess it all comes down to taste in exhaust tones...some people really look for and prefer that old muscle car kind of sound that sounds raw and choppy and just plain loud and that says "i'm loud and intend to not only beat you in the 1/4 mile, but also beat your eardrums to a pulp" lol (i honestly don't like that kind of tone as much...granted i'm 21 years old so i never lived through the classic era lol) and then there's the kind of building up tone that has essentially a swooping, deep, and rolling sound that to me kind of captures a broad range of deep notes and says here's what i got under the hood stand back and admire me take off and eat my tire smoke lol...

like i said i prefer the latter and would have to say the camaro falls between the two but a little closer to the latter and a little more quiet than the challenger srt from factory...although from the obsessed research i've done in anticipation of "my baby" i've heard on the videos a tone that starts to come in around 3,000 rpms (more or less) that reminds you what you're driving...it sounds pretty decent to me at least (granted i'm driving an '05 v6 mustang currently which does have actually a nice aftermarket dual exhaust system with headers but any v8 still sounds better to me right about now lol...so my opinion might have to be accordingly taken based on that fact haha)

hope this helps anyone feel free to correct me if i'm a little off since my ss still hasn't come in yet!

Last edited by jnewberr2SSRS; 05-29-2009 at 02:12 AM.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:51 AM
1st Gear Member

thanks for the info!...

Old 06-04-2009, 03:33 AM
1st Gear Member

in my long, obsessed wait until mine arrives i have found some decent videos of what the stock ss exhaust sounds like...

here's a link i found on youtube...sounds pretty good for stock i gotta admit...check it out guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alo-o...eature=related

Old 06-18-2009, 08:31 PM
1st Gear Member
Default thought i'd bring this thread back to life

so i thought i'd bring this thread back to life with some more clips of what is possible with the new camaro's exhaust...i'm currently trying to decide if i'm okay with the stock system for a while or what i might want to do down the road...i'll repost the stock one again with a few more options for those craving some clips

oh by the way these are all ss exhaust...it's not that i'm not interested in the v6 or think it's any less of an amazing car, it's just that i have my ss on order and i've been obsessed about the ss sound recently...i'll try and find v6 exhaust clips soon if you guys would be interested...

i'm really starting to get pretty excited about having turned to "the dark side" after having a mustang for a few years hehehehe

stock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alo-o...eature=related

stock #2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-uxa...eature=related

corsa
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koqnawOsnNs&NR=1

slp loudmouth with longtube headers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3QNXkxUZ9o

no weeds electronic exhaust diverters
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FHdbgvNNWo

flowmaster hushpower pro series
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTvYe77qvCw

tom henry racing exhaust with x-pipe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4zWR...eature=related

Old 06-19-2009, 02:57 AM
1st Gear Member

my favorites so far are the slp loudmouth with longtube headers and the corsa...i have a feeling a lot of the "classic tone" fanatics will love the slp kit and i have to admit it's awesome!!

Old 06-19-2009, 08:37 AM

As an owner of both a 2008 Z06 and 2010 Camaro, in my opinion, the stock exhaust on the new Camaro does not compare at all to the Corvette. The Camaro's exhaust is much more subdued in my opinion. Granted I have gotten used to the sound of my Corvette with the dual-mode exhaust baffles open, but even when closed, my initital thought is that the Corvette exhaust does sound better. Next week when I return from our trip, I will do record some audio comparisons. The Camaro is actually my wife's car and she has already expressed the first thing she wants to do to the car is change the exhaust.

Last edited by ZOHHH6; 06-19-2009 at 08:40 AM.
Old 06-19-2009, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by jnewberr2SSRS
my favorites so far are the slp loudmouth with longtube headers and the corsa...i have a feeling a lot of the "classic tone" fanatics will love the slp kit and i have to admit it's awesome!!

I think the SLP is my favorite from the videos you posted. And thanks for research and posting those videos.

Old 06-19-2009, 02:23 PM
1st Gear Member

i agree on the zo6 exhaust being waaaaaay better stock...the zo6 sounds mean stock and obviously with any kind of aftermarket as well...i was just referring to the base corvette because the base corvette is depressingly quiet in my opinion...i test drove a base corvette and was wondering why the heck you could hardly hear the engine.

granted the corvette i drove was automatic maybe that's why it was so depressing? haha

maybe the corvette i drove had something wrong with it but from what i've heard so far i would say the camaro stock is about a half step up from the base corvette and a half step behind a stock z06 (in terms of exhaust note)...just my opinion

no matter what they are all bad *** cars lol

Last edited by jnewberr2SSRS; 06-19-2009 at 06:40 PM.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by jnewberr2SSRS
i agree on the zo6 exhaust being waaaaaay better stock...the zo6 sounds mean stock and obviously with any kind of aftermarket as well...i was just referring to the base corvette because the base corvette is depressingly quiet in my opinion...i test drove a base corvette and was wondering why the heck you could hardly hear the engine.

granted the corvette i drove was automatic maybe that's why it was so depressing? haha

maybe the corvette i drove had something wrong with it but from what i've heard so far i would say the camaro stock is about a half step up from the base corvette and a half step behind a stock z06 (in terms of exhaust note)...just my opinion

no matter what they are all bad *** cars lol
I think you are right about the stock corvette. I would like to hear a stock Corvette with dual mode exhaust fuse pulled so the baffle is open.

Quick Reply: 2010 Camaro Exhaust