09 Firebird?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 09:52 PM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: 09 Firebird?

ORIGINAL: TITO

You know GM isn't going to bring back the T/A.
of course not, maybe years on down the road, when its gonna be utterly impossible to make a muscle car that gets an avg of 30mpg..

i mean wtf

****ing government.

Old 03-29-2008, 02:52 PM

both of these are awesome... in a perfect world though, GM would make a firebird that looked like the one on the left with the hood from the one on the right

its too bad that won't happen [&:]

Old 04-12-2008, 03:38 PM
1st Gear Member

i think the 5th gen is to hyped up. u take the $ to buy one u can make any other gen walk all over the 5th. And as for the firebird it seems weard to have the camaro but not the firebird but thats my opinon.

Old 04-13-2008, 09:14 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 94z28chevy

i think the 5th gen is to hyped up. u take the $ to buy one u can make any other gen walk all over the 5th. And as for the firebird it seems weard to have the camaro but not the firebird but thats my opinon.
That's a pretty broad statement in my opinion, would you care to elaborate onwhy"any other gen walk all over the 5th"? I think the new Camaro will have a lot of potential for awesome performance, perhaps you have not seen that it is currently being tested at Nurburgring for performance/suspension fine tuning complete with a full set of Brembo brakes.I also think the performance potential of whatever engines are finally offered will be as good or better than any powertrain options offered on Camaros in the past. It may seem weird to have the Camaro and not the Firebird, but GM does not need to compete with itself at this point in time, a Firebird would tend to take sales from the Camaro rather than taking sales from Ford and Chrysler.
Clyde

Old 05-29-2008, 04:10 AM

i did hear through the usual friend of a friend with a relative in high places that their would be a transam but it would be based of the 2nd generation... i've got very mixed feelings about that

Old 06-01-2008, 11:20 AM
VIP member

well that pretty much applies to a lot of cars. If you pour in the money, you can make yourself a 600whp street legal car, and ofcourse it will walk over most 5th gens

Old 06-04-2008, 05:41 PM
DeZ
1st Gear Member

i did hear through the usual friend of a friend with a relative in high places that their would be a transam but it would be based of the 2nd generation... i've got very mixed feelings about that
ORIGINAL: stroker383

mixed feelings? the 2nd gen f-bodies simply badass. I would kill for a remake. But not so much of a retro furturist ****.

i would figured within days before the camaro goes to the lots that a annoucement would be made. that trans am's are trailing.

i dont see&nbsp\\; the trans am in retirement for long.

Old 06-05-2008, 08:51 PM
1st Gear Member

Well of course, but then you won't have the nice 5th gen Camaro. Sure, you might have a fast 3rd gen, but you won't have the uniqueness/comfort/style/newness/realiability of the 5th gen.

And you can make any car faster if you got the money.

Old 06-27-2008, 04:56 PM

A new TA would be amazing. I agree that if it was modeled like the 2nd generation, could turn out to be pretty damn nice! Nothing wrong with adding on to the 2nd generations. That was a bad *** generation! I would like to see new TA like the 2nd gen, but with newly added on features of course!

Old 07-23-2008, 03:06 PM
In the Staging Lanes

They will probably see how the camaro is going to do. Then if it does well they might bring back the firebird a few years later.