ZL1 Discussion Discussion for ZL-1 ONLY

My 2014 ZL1 basic sound package is rough - help..

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 08:05 PM
Default My 2014 ZL1 basic sound package is rough - help..

I got the standard package, boston acustic i think. Its HORRIBLE.

Anyone here have some advice? What would work out good is just to spend some money on new speakers...but I cant find the details on what this standard "MY LINK" system puts out.

I mountain bike - and me and my buddy can simply put both our bikes and all our gear into the car as it is (no one believes it when we pull all the gear and bikes out!)...so a 'kicker' or something that takes up trunk space isnt really what I would want to do.

Hope someone "in the know" can give me some advice-- I could go back to dealer - but I think I will get a better quality asking here in this forum.

(and I totally love the ZL1 - my first real car!).... Launch mode - wow. no lift shift....yaaa...

Old 09-01-2013, 12:36 PM
Official GM Representitive

Originally Posted by Allen Orehek
I got the standard package, boston acustic i think. Its HORRIBLE.

Anyone here have some advice? What would work out good is just to spend some money on new speakers...but I cant find the details on what this standard "MY LINK" system puts out.

I mountain bike - and me and my buddy can simply put both our bikes and all our gear into the car as it is (no one believes it when we pull all the gear and bikes out!)...so a 'kicker' or something that takes up trunk space isnt really what I would want to do.

Hope someone "in the know" can give me some advice-- I could go back to dealer - but I think I will get a better quality asking here in this forum.

(and I totally love the ZL1 - my first real car!).... Launch mode - wow. no lift shift....yaaa...
Allen Orehek,

Glad to hear that you're enjoying your ZL1. For clarification, is there an issue with the sound system or are you simply unhappy with the sound quality? If there's an issue, I'd definitely like to help get it addressed. I look forward to your response.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Old 09-04-2013, 07:24 AM

The problem is that every suburban I have ever purchased always had the 'high end' systems, and the sound was "well--i do not have to change anything here - this systems is good".

for my ZL1 whatever package they give you when you dont opt for the 'kickers' (do not want to loose any trunk space) - well the system, standard system, its rough. well, honestly, horrible. the quality of the sound is exactly what would be expected from this low end system - there is not anything electrically or mechanically wrong - but I need to upgrade/fix/aftermarket/go back to dealer and get more...

thanks for your help!

Old 10-22-2013, 11:04 AM

Turn off the radio , listen to the roar.

Old 10-23-2013, 06:48 AM

the "My link" just dies every 3 to 5 days for a few hours...so no dash...and yes..thats all i need is the engine! "Long as the engine works!"