LT1/LT4 Tech 1993-1997

Dealers

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2004, 06:25 PM
Default Dealers

<FONT color=blue>hey i was just looking at two different '69 SS's for sale by a dealership. i checked both of them over pretty well as far as the body goes, and didn't find any rust or dings or anything. but i don't know much about the power end : ) anyway, i was wondering if going through a dealer with cars like these is the best thing. i mean, how much do they really know about this car or that one....... do you think it's better to go through a private seller, or would you be comfortable with a dealer?? any input would be appreciated, as i am new to the whole dealing-with-dealerships type of thing. thanks!!</FONT>

Old 02-25-2005, 09:42 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Dealers

I work at a new chevy dealer. I really couldnt tell you if it is a good or bad thing to deal with a dealership. all of them are different and they all treat their customers differently. what I can say is usually when a dealer has a car like that come in they do a full check over on the car. So take it for a test drive and see if you can find something wrong and then ask if you can get another Mechanic to look it over and tell you what is wrong with it.