93-02 V6 Tech V6 Camaro General Topics.

94 3.4 v6 Camaro NO SPARK URGENT!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 03:23 PM

Back towards the trans? I see that the hot wire that feeds this is also feeding the 3x and 24x sensor. Maybe a few other things. Imma check and see if there is a short near these connections. If there were.... Theoretically it could cause this no start no spark condition. I went to my local reputable mechanic and looked at some diagrams on his computer and we are Sure this is the issue. Thanks for you help so far crabby

Old 07-29-2015, 05:44 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

yah thats what i thought when i read it, they have all these great pictures of what I'm not looking for.

Old 07-29-2015, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by craby
yah thats what i thought when i read it, they have all these great pictures of what I'm not looking for.
Im sure they were in there... I just couldnt find what i was looking for. I see that the hot wire runs a couple things. 3x ckp, 24x ckp and cam sensor. Ive replaced the 3x sensor but not the 24x or cam sensor. I need to test all the connector plug ins for continuity. I noticed no difference in voltage with all the corresponding connectors on the circuit disconnected... I figured faulty sensors could short the connection but theres no difference with them disconnected

Old 07-29-2015, 11:51 PM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

at this point i would hotwire it, i won't tell you to do that though. I'm out of ideas, its got to be in the system, i guess it could be the ignition switch itself.

Old 07-30-2015, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by craby
at this point i would hotwire it, i won't tell you to do that though. I'm out of ideas, its got to be in the system, i guess it could be the ignition switch itself.
Ive thought about that... Do you reckin a wire in the lock key cylinder may be frayed causing that? Occasionally my security light will flash and not accept my key.. Maybe because of a loose wire? I took out the panel below the steering wheel and looked for frays. Though not a thorough inspection, i didnt see any burnt wires.

Old 07-30-2015, 08:02 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

ignition switch is down the column

Attached Thumbnails 94 3.4 v6 Camaro NO SPARK URGENT!!!!!-ignition_switch.jpg  
Old 07-30-2015, 08:25 AM

If it were the ignition switch, would the car still crank strong? I think the power wire is grounding somewhere. Why would that wire be ylw and not pnk? If the wire was spliced, it was done well into the harness because i cannot find the split.

If the car would still crank strong with a bad ignition switch, then i will pursue that option.

Old 07-30-2015, 09:32 AM
April 2011 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

test volts going in and coming out of switch.

Attached Thumbnails 94 3.4 v6 Camaro NO SPARK URGENT!!!!!-ignswschematic.jpg  
Old 07-30-2015, 08:48 PM

Wellll... I jumped the wire.

Did nothing but spark.. And i found the problem shortly after. Apparently theres a sensor relatively close that uses the same connector. Id say silly me on reconnecting the throttle body harness wrong.. But i hooked up bottomside. Looked over the wiring diagrams, found the pnk and black connector, and put em in their corresponding positions.

Now, im not saying that the pcm got fried...
But essentially we jumped a 5 volt ref with 12 volts.

Worried.

I atte.pted to crank with a jump vehicle and still got no spark. However battery is dead as can be. Hopefully thats why.

Either way... 1 step closer.

You cant hire good help nowadays. Joking..

Last edited by Cjwelsh; 07-30-2015 at 09:04 PM.
Old 07-31-2015, 06:25 AM

Gonna have to give the battery a good charge before i can further diagnose this issue.

Hopefully the pcm is okay, and hopefully my sensors arent destroyed.

Be out there this evening, will provide an update then.

Quick Reply: 94 3.4 v6 Camaro NO SPARK URGENT!!!!!