Activity Stream: Show All | New Threads | New Posts | New Pictures | Popular Threads | Lonely Threads | Vendor Threads | New Picture Comments | New Profile Comments |
Search:  
Go Back   Camaro Forums - Chevy Camaro Enthusiast Forum > Fourth Generation (1993-2002) > 93-02 General
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-22-2008, 11:22 PM
No cars in dorkpunch's garage, add now

Default No reverse?

Howdy all! Just picked up a '94 V6 5spd, only 68k miles for real cheap, but it has some issues. Main thing is there is no reverse. It will sort of go in, but it doesnt feel like the lever goes as far back as it should. Soon as you let off the clutch, it pops out. If you hold it back, the car will just start to move and then it will pop out with a nice loud clunk. It had a new clutch put in not to long ago, and supposedly it has had this problem ever since. Any linkage in there that needs to be adjusted? Could the lever be hitting something and not be letting it go far enough back? THanks in advance!

Heres a pic of the "nice" side:

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:22 PM
No cars in nancygrl's garage, add now

Default RE: No reverse?

Generally if you can't get into a gear after a clutch has been replaced..It's usually a pressure plate issue....I'dbring it back to shop that did the clutch job and have them re-check their work....
Old 06-29-2008, 12:42 PM
2nd Gear member
1968 Chevrolet Camaro
My Garage

i have had the same problem if its not a pressure plate issue with the clutch, i would say its your syncro in your tranny
Old 06-29-2008, 08:54 PM
Caretaker of Ban Hamster
No cars in 95slvrZ28's garage, add now

Send a message via AIM to 95slvrZ28

The T56 has a syncro for reverse, but I don't think the 5 speeds do. A syncro for reverse is pretty rare since you're usually sitting still when you put the car into reverse...

Click for Camaro Exhaust Clip
Old 06-29-2008, 08:54 PM
Activity Stream
Activity Stream: Show All | New Threads | New Posts | New Pictures | Popular Threads | Lonely Threads | Vendor Threads | New Picture Comments | New Profile Comments |
Search:  

Tags
1995, 2000, 2002, 94, 95, 98, camaro, camero, car, chevy, reverae, reverse, spd, speed, wont, z28