Do you get "profiled" driving your Camaro?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 07:29 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Do you get "profiled" driving your Camaro?

It's nuts. You know the feeling. Pass the patrol car. They flip around right away and just "follow". So today after what seemed like an eternity, the lights flip on and here we go. No, nothing to warrant attention PROMISE lol. So the reason I am stopped........."Sir your car matches the description of a car involved in several suspected burglaries in the area recently...." Now that's be ok if it was just once, but I or my wife get pulled over in this car at least twice a month! Neither of us have had a ticket in over five years though go figure. So, is it just my paint scheme or the black wheels and window tint or is it just a stigma of having a 15 year olf Camaro that does it? lol, what to do?

Attached Thumbnails Do you get "profiled" driving your Camaro?-img_0002.jpg   Do you get "profiled" driving your Camaro?-img_0006.jpg  
Old 09-10-2010, 07:50 PM
Fourth Generation Moderator
October 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

My car looks bone stock I do not have any problem. I blend, Your car does not I had a cop pull over my 67 once cause he wanted to check it out. But when I was a young lad and I had a 74 Z28 with the big Z28 strips cops always reacted different then when I was driving dads Olds.

Old 09-10-2010, 07:57 PM
Prettiest Sixer Around
September 2010 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

I got profiled a lot by cops. I got pulled over one morning on my way to work (I start at 4am) and I passed a cop going the opposite way, wasn't speeding, nothing. He whipped around and pulled me over a couple minutes later. Said my license plate light was out. I got to work, parked, and checked my lights. It was on. He was looking for something but didn't find anything. I've gotten pulled over 2 more times after that for window tint. The first time the cop said only the side windows had to come off. Then the second time the cop said the rear had to be off. I've gotten cops pull up behind me many times and ran my tag. They got right up on me, so I had to move up farther because I don't like people being up my bumper. Ever since I painted the rear letters pink, I haven't had any problems *knock on wood*. That was part of the reason for doing that...so they know it's a female driving. Not some punk kid and will leave me alone.

Old 09-10-2010, 08:13 PM
Overdrive Member
Technical User

maybe its just where you live i have chrome rims, tint, and a 3 inch flowmaster exhaust with fat 3.5 inch chrome tips never had a problem in ny or sc

Old 09-10-2010, 09:00 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by DarlingReject
I got profiled a lot by cops. I got pulled over one morning on my way to work (I start at 4am) and I passed a cop going the opposite way, wasn't speeding, nothing. He whipped around and pulled me over a couple minutes later. Said my license plate light was out. I got to work, parked, and checked my lights. It was on. He was looking for something but didn't find anything. I've gotten pulled over 2 more times after that for window tint. The first time the cop said only the side windows had to come off. Then the second time the cop said the rear had to be off. I've gotten cops pull up behind me many times and ran my tag. They got right up on me, so I had to move up farther because I don't like people being up my bumper. Ever since I painted the rear letters pink, I haven't had any problems *knock on wood*. That was part of the reason for doing that...so they know it's a female driving. Not some punk kid and will leave me alone.
Can't do pink SS stripes! Probably right, just keep the neighborhoods safe of punk kids I bet. lol

Old 09-10-2010, 09:15 PM
4th Gear Member

LOL! That car just looks guilty! I don't get profiled by police but do by some people, especially when I pull up to Home Depo in the Suburban with a fresh cut flat top haircut and sun glasses. LOL.

Old 09-10-2010, 10:17 PM
Senior Moderator
January 2010 ROTM Winner

Just like Gorn, I "blend".

Old 09-10-2010, 10:37 PM
2nd Gear member

Me 2!

Old 09-10-2010, 11:07 PM
3rd Gear Member

The State fuzz will tail me like a ****, but town cops are too lazy to do anything short of solving saving the world.

Old 09-10-2010, 11:16 PM
Overdrive Member

Oddly, I used to get harassed *more* in my '95 3.4L White with black top (of course I was much younger then, bought it 12 years ago), than either my all white SS 'Vert, or Navy Blue Metallic RS!

Some cops just like to mess with people, some are bored, and some are jerks, if it is near the end of the month -- watch out! Occasionally you run into normal ones.

Best thing you can do is be a stone when they talk to you, show no emotions and be strictly professional. If you get a raw rub, then do the necessary:
http://ratemycop.com

Also get Trapster for your smartphone.

Last edited by libertyforall1776; 09-10-2010 at 11:23 PM.

Quick Reply: Do you get "profiled" driving your Camaro?