Wheels, Tires and other Exterior Talk about your rims, body kits, and other exterior mods here.

sunburst

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 12:55 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: sunburst

Did you find that video that I was talking about with the candy? It's normally on "gangsta" cars but IMO I think it would look pretty sweet on an f-body

Old 02-17-2008, 05:22 PM
In the Staging Lanes

If you have to repaint it...I would just keep it black.It will cost alot more for a complete color change unless you go to some crappy shop that doesnt bother painting the door jams and engine compartment. It would be cheaper to just have it repainted black and then order some mean looking stripes for it. My car is red but personally, I would rather have black with hugger orange hockey stripes.

Old 02-17-2008, 06:03 PM
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JCRDZ28
It would be cheaper to just have it repainted black and then order some mean looking stripes for it.
what do you mean order some stripes? if you are going to have a car repainted, why the hell would you ever stick on somecheap-*** stripes? if someone is getting a car painted, that is the perfect time to have the stripes done the right way and have them painted on...UNDER THE CLEAR

Old 02-17-2008, 06:11 PM
In the Staging Lanes

If he desides that he doesnt want the stripes a year later....then he will have to have the car repainted all over again. The stripes do not harm the paint and can last for 10 years or if you want to pull them off a year after you put them on to change to something different...then you can.Sorry Im just an idiot.

Old 02-17-2008, 06:24 PM
3rd Gear Member

not calling anyone an idiot here, but why do people do things halfass to their cars? if you are doing something to your car, that you think you might get rid of in a year or two, why even do it in the first place? if someone is doing something to their car, that they think they might not want to keep in the future, maybe they shouldn't be doing it in the first place

I'm just kind of saying that too many kids these days do things the cheap way, and when you put those cars next to a car done properly, the stick out like a sore thumb

sorry, but those are just my opinions

Old 02-17-2008, 06:50 PM
In the Staging Lanes

ORIGINAL: 1969 SS

not calling anyone an idiot here, but why do people do things halfass to their cars? if you are doing something to your car, that you think you might get rid of in a year or two, why even do it in the first place? if someone is doing something to their car, that they think they might not want to keep in the future, maybe they shouldn't be doing it in the first place

I'm just kind of saying that too many kids these days do things the cheap way, and when you put those cars next to a car done properly, the stick out like a sore thumb

sorry, but those are just my opinions
Well, the vinyl stripes dont stick out like a soar thumb. What do you think was used on the 1969 Yenko? Also many other factory camaros came with Vinyl Stripes. GM must have just Half Assed it. Dont get me wrong, I am all about having a perfect paint job on my cars....but I have had stripes painted on my 1973 Camaro a while back and then decided I didnt like them. I wish that I would have made vinyl stripes, that way I wouldnt have had to pay more money to repaint...could have just peeled them off and buffed out the car. And other thing....some of these kids on here, cant afford expensive paint jobs, the vinyl stripes look just as nice and if you want to make them permanent..they can be clear coated over(just like alot of people did with the 69 camaros to save their side stripes). I have gotten many compliments on the stripes on my 95 Z at car shows...I use high quality vinyl and after 7 years of being on my car, they still look great.

Old 02-17-2008, 07:18 PM

I have the hockey stripe decals on the sides of my SS and they look awesome. If I ever decide to sell the car and someone that is thinking of buying the car thinks that they dont want the stripes on there, they can just get rid of them and not have to repaint the car....and I dont have to lose a sale. I love the stripes but I wont keep the car forever and someone that wants my style SS might want the paint factory looking.

Old 02-18-2008, 07:08 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Also the factory 97 30th anniversary camaro heritage edition stripes are vinyl decals, same with the 35th ann stripes. GM must have half assed that also. What about the trans ams with the bird on the hood?....yup! Vinyl also.

Old 02-18-2008, 07:50 PM
1st Gear Member

i want a diff color cause all my familys cars are black. and i plan getting it painted the orange color and putting black vinyl hockey stripes on it. if anyone doesnt like that tough.

Old 02-18-2008, 07:54 PM
In the Staging Lanes

ORIGINAL: skylinrcr01

i want a diff color cause all my familys cars are black. and i plan getting it painted the orange color and putting black vinyl hockey stripes on it. if anyone doesnt like that tough.
Well it will cost you about $5,000 for a color change paint job if it is done by a good painter...likely more depending on the shop. The shops that I work with charge an insane amount for color change.

Quick Reply: sunburst