Wheels, Tires and other Exterior Talk about your rims, body kits, and other exterior mods here.

Red Turn Signal

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 11:51 PM
Default Red Turn Signal

I have a black 1998 Chevy Camaro and I am just starting to put upgrades on it. One thing that I would like to do is find red front turn signal covers. I am unsure if anyone sells covers to put over the turn signals like on headlights or if they sell a turn signal casing that is red. If so where can I find it?

Old 10-23-2007, 08:29 AM
4th Gear Member
Default RE: Red Turn Signal

They might be illegal. And why do you want to give the cops a reason to pull you over??

Old 10-23-2007, 11:02 PM
3rd Gear Member

Hm I'm not so sure about that. I know there are red rear turn signals do to the fact that at night red is less harsh on the eyes when following behind a car at night. However with red up front at nightalong with your headlights and headlights of other cars the turn signal will be hard to detect at night and will be considered in my opinion hazardous. Because of this it leads me to believe its illegal.

Old 10-30-2007, 10:41 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Very bad idea.

Old 10-31-2007, 09:09 AM
June 2007 ROTM

police can pull u over for any aftermarket mod bc its didnt come stock with it. the front turning signals are soppuse to be amber.

Old 11-09-2007, 09:31 PM
April 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

Yepp, It is illegal everywhere to cover up ANY turn signal in such a manner that it can not be clearly seen in DAY and/or NIGHT. Smoke lenses or covers can be had, but again you need to be able to see the signal clearly flashing in day and at night.

Old 11-10-2007, 01:19 PM

ok. i had seen pics of a camaro like mine that was black, with red turn signals and red detailing and stuff so i was curious. guess its a bad idea, haha. thx

Old 11-10-2007, 08:57 PM
2nd Gear member

yea, they say amber up front and red in back to distingush front from back... i've been pulled over several times for my rear blackouts, i have new ones now because it was getting so bad. I've goten one warning on my front clears and rear clreas side markers, but no tickets from those yet.

Old 11-11-2007, 12:28 AM
April 2009 ROTM
ROTM Winner's Club

ORIGINAL: CamaroKid16

yea, they say amber up front and red in back to distingush front from back... i've been pulled over several times for my rear blackouts, i have new ones now because it was getting so bad. I've goten one warning on my front clears and rear clreas side markers, but no tickets from those yet.
You can have clear up front but the signal has to be amber, meaning yellow bulb. Mercedes, VW and other cars have clear ones from the factory but the bulbs are bright yellow.

Old 11-11-2007, 10:31 AM
2nd Gear member

yea, but i have the white bulbs in them. The red one looks kinda pink i think. I should have specified that minor detail, but thanks for clarifying.

Quick Reply: Red Turn Signal