Wheels, Tires and other Exterior Talk about your rims, body kits, and other exterior mods here.

paint jobs

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 11:53 AM
Default paint jobs

My camaro has a bunch of scratches on it, but still hasn't lost its looks. What should i do with the paint job when the scratches get worse? Plus I would like it to be cheap as possible. THANKS

Old 12-01-2005, 03:24 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: paint jobs

cheapest thing to do is get it painted the same color

Old 12-01-2005, 06:20 PM
2nd Gear member

well, im not sure of the quality of the paint, but maaco does paint jobs for 250 bucks. not bad as a temperary paint job. i was thinkin of doin that until my uncle gets his booth set up.

Old 12-07-2005, 02:33 AM

I worked at a custom paint and body shop for several years before leaving for college and saw several peoples cars in the same type of condition. First of all depending on the type of quality that you may be looking for will determine the amount of money that you will end up spending. It would be a good idea to take it around to several different shops to get estimates. There are also several things that you can do to the paint yourself that could possibly save you thousands of dollars in the long run if you were to go with a paint job. If you have any more questions aout possible alternative options just let me know.

Old 12-27-2005, 01:59 AM
2nd Gear member

did you try rubbing compound or buffing it out. Give that a try before you spend the big bucks.