Wheels, Tires and other Exterior Talk about your rims, body kits, and other exterior mods here.

chrome fuel door?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 05:16 PM
Default chrome fuel door?

I've looked everywhere and I'm starting to lose hope. I really want a chrome fuel door for my '94 Camaro, but as far as I know, there aren't any that I can just throw on without a million modifications. Does anyone know more than me about this?

Old 05-30-2007, 11:31 PM
3rd Gear Member
Default RE: chrome fuel door?

the reason you can't find one is because they look HORRIBLE!!![sm=badidea.gif]

you would need to go to a Ricer's forum and then maybe you would have some luck

sorry to bash you on your first post but I am just being truthful with you

now with that said

WELCOME TO THE BOARD[sm=smiley31.gif]

Old 05-31-2007, 10:18 PM

Umm...Thanks?

Old 06-01-2007, 04:19 PM
2nd Gear member

You're correct they don't make one for Camaros... However the Mitsubishi Eclipse ( the 3rd gen eclipsei believe, not the latest model butthe previous one)Alloy Fuel door will fit with little modifications.

And some people like to believe that any visual modification is rice, And so there input should be taken with a grain of salt. If anythingall of these "ricer" comments makes the person who posts them seem ignorant in my opinion.

Old 06-02-2007, 12:00 AM
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 94CamaroSFI

You're correct they don't make one for Camaros... However the Mitsubishi Eclipse ( the 3rd gen eclipsei believe, not the latest model butthe previous one)Alloy Fuel door will fit with little modifications.

And some people like to believe that any visual modification is rice, And so there input should be taken with a grain of salt. If anythingall of these "ricer" comments makes the person who posts them seem ignorant in my opinion.
I am, in no way, against visual mods but you need to take a look at the type of look you are going for and seeing where it is mostly done. I am far from ignorant when it comes to car related subjects and this is why I say that this is a "ricer" mod 90% of the time.

if you have a really tough, all-outracing look with you car then it works but if you are just throwing something blingy on your car for no reason, it is rice. kind of like when they put big wings on the back of the car and all it does is dent the trunk. WTF?

Old 06-13-2007, 11:44 PM
2nd Gear member

I hate rice lol, I would skip on the gas cover bro why would ya wanna ruin all of chevys years of hard work and make ur chevy look hondaish??? lol

Old 06-14-2007, 02:41 PM
2nd Gear member

my uncles hummer has one. is his hummer rice?...I think NOT!

Old 06-18-2007, 11:00 AM
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 01camaro.dude09

my uncles hummer has one. is his hummer rice?...I think NOT!
sometimes, but most of the time not

the reason it looks OK on a hummer is because of all the chrome it already has on the vehicle. when you put something on a car that does not accent anything else on the car. it becomes rice and if not rice, at the very leastjust poor taste

Old 06-20-2007, 11:00 PM
2nd Gear member

I will agree... i'm just not seeing chrome gas cap on a Camaro! Trucks HELL YEA, but there's just some things to stay away from bud! Welcome to the forum!

Old 06-26-2007, 04:54 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Depends entirely upon the sort of look you are going for. Personally? I would avoid chrome at all costs on anything made after 1980. Or '81 in the F-body case.

But a lot of cars come with a silver fuel-filler door. Ford has one available for the SN95 Mustangs which looks really cool. My little brother has one on his Focus; same brother also owns a '78 Nova and a '70 Fairlane,and he is not "ricer-ish" in the least. And my '69 Dodge Chargercame from the factory with raised silver fuel cap meant to evoke the quick-fill caps from early NASCAR.

If you are going for a "race car" look, I'd say go for a brushed aluminum finish. Could look kinda cool, if done correctly.

Quick Reply: chrome fuel door?