Wheels, Tires and other Exterior Talk about your rims, body kits, and other exterior mods here.

30th Anniversary White Rims

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 08:40 PM
2nd Gear member
Default RE: 30th Anniversary White Rims

ah damn.. forgot you didnt have them..
well, if you cant find some white ones, you might be able to find some stock ones and paint them..
either way, here's the link:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2357346/3

Old 01-26-2008, 03:34 PM
In the Staging Lanes

I think I like the SLP's better. I mean they look almost identical except the SLP's on the white camaro i posted above done seem to stick out as much. Are those hard to find? and i dont think it would be worth painting my stock RS rims white cause they have the 10-spoke thing going on and it would look pretty gay in my eyes.

Old 01-27-2008, 09:22 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sicked_wick

^ the pic above is what they would look like on mine except i do not have the red stripes and have the RS package (ground effects etc.) I think they would look good. Black rims on a white car in my opinion would look rediculous. And silver is just another color to try to balance with the Black and White on my car already thats why I'm thinking these rims are a good choice. but if these are too hard to find or rediculously priced im sure there are other white rims out there.
my opinion i think black rims would look really good on a white car, but then again i think black rims look good on just about any car

Old 01-29-2008, 12:25 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Nah dude I had black rims on my winter car and think they look gay as aids. I wanna go with a Chrome 5-star. I did some photoshop work and white rims dont look too good on my white car. Anyone know of anywhere that has nice Rims for good prices?> Hey Bill thanks for the link and helping me out so much man it means a lot to me.

Old 01-29-2008, 08:40 PM
2nd Gear member

ORIGINAL: sicked_wick

Nah dude I had black rims on my winter car and think they look gay as aids. I wanna go with a Chrome 5-star. I did some photoshop work and white rims dont look too good on my white car. Anyone know of anywhere that has nice Rims for good prices?> Hey Bill thanks for the link and helping me out so much man it means a lot to me.
no problem man, im here to help where i can.. So you wanna go with chrome ones? im not completely sure if they had the SLP ones in chrome but im thinking they probably did.. i'll look around and see if i can find some. if not, i know they made my rims (97-99 5 star) in chrome.. i'll go look.

Old 01-29-2008, 08:53 PM
2nd Gear member

i'll assume you wanted the SLP ones in chrome (if not just let me know, i'll keep looking).. i found a pic, could probably find some places to buy them too..
anyway, here's the pic..
http://www.tbyrne.com/ls1/80074A.jpg
i like them.. nice choice..

EDIT:
what size are you looking for? 17's? anyway.. you can search around on google for chrome SLP ZR1 Rims, you should find some stuff.. i can still look around though..

2nd edit:
a stroke of genius just hit me and i decided to check SLP's website. yeah, don't know what made me think to check there..
anyway, here's a link:
http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?P=80041
kinda expensive though, but you can probably find some on ebay or something.

Old 01-30-2008, 09:40 PM
In the Staging Lanes

**** dude thats a lot for a set of 4. I guess they dont have to be SLP's. I went to Napa today and looked through their little booklet of ****. I really like the corvette replicas but i only think they come in 17' and 18' which sucks cause i just bought brand new performance tires which are 16's

Old 01-30-2008, 10:41 PM
2nd Gear member

that does kinda suck.. you could always try ebay or something for a set, im sure it would be quite a bit cheaper.. or if you want go with vette rims, they look really good too.. you could try to sell your rims and new tires, but you might take a little fall on that.. either that, or you could just save until you need new tires, and go ahead and buy the 17's (slp or vette, whichever) and get new tires too..

another thought.. im not sure, but you might be able to find some used slp 16's.. not entirely sure if they came in 16" or not, they may all be 17".. then again, all the vette rims i've seen are no smaller than 17.

Old 02-03-2008, 12:32 PM
In the Staging Lanes

Yeah I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with these rims : http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/17-Ch...spagenameZWDVW

They're pretty hot. Does the pricing seem fair?

Old 02-03-2008, 02:12 PM
2nd Gear member

nice choice, i like those too..
the price doesnt seem too bad, but once you add shipping thats a little over 700. then you gotta buy tires..
BadInfluenceRS used to have some black z06 rims (replicas i think) on his 96 rs. I believe they cost him around 500 shipped. So you may be able to find some cheaper, but if your willing to pay that it isn't too bad. Just try and keep em clean if you buy em.. brake dust is your enemy..lol

Quick Reply: 30th Anniversary White Rims