VS Cars going head to head!

who do you think will win?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 07:52 PM
Ninja Administrator

its all pointless.

people think the chips can "juice" the system or something to gve a power boost. each chip contains a specific tune. you cant be running 2 tunes at once, so i dont care what u plug into it, ur maps can only contain a single tune at any given moment. and the handhelds are typically removed after installing the tune.

Old 02-16-2009, 10:01 PM
Fancy Sparkle

Originally Posted by SpecterGT260
the chips are a little more sophisticated than that. they remap the pcm and add timing. i dont know if any american turbo applications have PCM controlled waste gates however, but some chips can control the boost pressure as well.

and while you cannot "stack" chips for added effect, some chips come with multiple settings and a little switch to toggle between them. the bully dog has like 6 settings doesnt it? from 40hp to around 120?
you're thinking of a tuner, which is completely different. a chip for a diesel is actually SPLICED into the boost circuit. and it's not really all that good for then engine

Old 02-17-2009, 10:29 AM
Ninja Administrator

no, i know what im saying. he said "handheld" which is a tuner. the chips work just like the jet modules we have been trying to eradicate from the lt1's and v6 guys. only they actually work for diesels lol.

i dunno about not good for it tho. guys have been running 6 barrels and bully dogs for long times without any problems.

Old 02-17-2009, 01:56 PM
Fancy Sparkle

the reason i say it's not good for a diesel is because of the fact that you're running the injectors at a much higher pressure than normal, it severely limits an injectors lifespan (and i'll tell you right now, injectors aren't cheap. it's nearly $500 a piece for my truck)

Old 02-20-2009, 01:55 PM
1st Gear Member

not all diesel trucks are slow but just a intake exhaust and a chipped duramax wont even hang with a stock ls1 , and i know from experience from the flashlight drags last year .. but in token at the same flashlight drags there was a cummings with a twin turbo setup chipped with supporting mods that ran with my buddies 500 hp evo and smoked that same ls1 so needless to say diesels can be fast but not all are running around with that much power ... that duramax 6.6 with a k&n cai a mandrel bent 5 inch exhaust with laser cut flanges turbo back and a three stage chip on stage 3 ran a 14.9 in 4x4 at the drags now thats not ls1 territory but thats pretty fast for a 6+ tho lb truck ya know but hey its a bowtie its to be expected hahah

Last edited by outta_control_z28; 02-20-2009 at 01:57 PM.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:41 PM
1st Gear Member

im pretty sure he has no supporting mods i think all he has are chips, i talked to the mechanic that fixed that truck he told me what was wrong with it his exact words were "its a pile of shi*" the pcm was replaced twice, the fuel sender sensors (i think that is what its called) had to be replaced cuz it was ran completly out of gas numerous times, also it has 280,000 miles a bunch of other things had to replaced cuz it had a HARD life.

Old 02-23-2009, 05:52 PM

Sounds to me like u have a pretty nice car. Wat u need to do is just race this duchebag and get it over with. If u say his mechanic talks trash on it, then they are most likely right. U should prolly just forget that race and move on to a real race.

Old 02-24-2009, 07:08 PM
1st Gear Member

yeah im prolly gonna just forget him and move on to a fox thats suposedly bad a$$ around here

Old 02-25-2009, 11:18 AM

Really. Sounds like ur really wanting to race. Have u raced much before? I got a couple of cars u can race.

Old 02-25-2009, 07:47 PM
1st Gear Member

im not really eager to race, but i have a bunch of times, im the only camaro in a town where mustangs are over used, everyone wants to race, and says their mustangs are the fastest things around. dont get me wrong i like mustangs, but most of the time its the "i know someone with a car that can beat yours" so yeah, two of my friends have fox body mustangs one is built (i won no contest)they want me to get beat really bad by a mustang eventually its gonna happen i know but not from anything around here.