VS Cars going head to head!

vs. SVT lightning

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 09:01 PM

I used to always get messed with by Lightnings when I had my modded G35. Pretty quick for a truck. Much room for improvement and ugly as sin.

Old 12-10-2009, 04:42 AM
NOOO they be stealin' my bucket
ROTM Winner's Club

Originally Posted by dopez28
i was really suprised by this truck. i was just pulling onto the interstate and i see a truck wipe around some trafic and pull up to me. i see the lighting emblem on the truck and he pulled up alittle and reved at me. and its been awhile so i wanted to play. i get behind him till we get out of traffic. and i noticed the guy was a bit older then i think he was from reving at me and such. he was probly in his 60s. well after alittle bit, he guns it and trys to go past an 18 wheeler ( its a 3 lane highway) and he has to stop cause theres another car. i pass by in my lane and he just looks at me pissed off. i just shrug at him and keep going. he gets behind me and we get together after the truck. and we gun it. and i was really suprised that he was holding up to me that much, i was slowly pulling away from him till we hit about 120 and he gave up then. but still. it was fun. also anyone know if he had something else done to that truck, i know its supercharged but i was suprised he held up with me.

The lightning is a 5.4L with a eaton M112 supercharger making somthing like 360HP and close to 400ft torque. They also have 3.73 gears from the factory and respond very well to the basic SC mods (intake, pully, and tune). The down side is they are very heavy and there 60 times are not that great but from a roll i can see how a stock or even a near stock one could be very good run.